Honored Contributor

Does Costco deliver appliances?

DD wants a frig for Christmas.  We are 450 miles away so I'm wondering does Costco deliver?  She lives in a major city.

Valued Contributor

Re: Does Costco deliver appliances?

Seems like you would  have to ask that particular Costco.   Even if it is their general policy to deliver,  they might not have staff to deliver at that one.

Honored Contributor

@depglass    I believe they do.   They delivered the appliances I bought from Sears a few months back.

Except that they showed up more or less on time, I was unimpressed with the quality of the delivery team's work.  Sears took care of what the Costco team ignored.  Just be careful -  teams undoubtedly are different from placd o place.

Respected Contributor

I would rather send her a check for the cost of a refrigerator. Let her go to a store,, choose what she wants and they can set it up. When I bought my refrigerator I had a problem and the store immediately took it out. I went and chose a new one and  there was no problem. I like to buy from smaller stores that give you better service.

Esteemed Contributor

Check Costco dot com; some they do some they dont.  I buy many things from Costco but for appliances I'd buy from Lowes and make sure they have it in store ( if its back ordered it can take a very long time).  Or send a gift card.  Another issue with appliances in my rural area, can they be repaired locally?  For an example no one in my town repairs Samsung (which is a big brand at Costco).  Its almost like we've become A third world country!

Respected Contributor

Yes. We've had several delivered & the old item hauled away free of charge. You order online and they use a local delivery company to bring the item & install it.
Honored Contributor

Store may have a contractor delivery service that delivers for them and other stores. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

DD wants a frig for Christmas.  We are 450 miles away so I'm wondering does Costco deliver?  She lives in a major city.

Yes, @depglass, they do.  A couple of years ago, we purchased a refrigerator, dishwasher, and range from Costco, ordered it online.  Everything arrived wrapped and well padded.  The delivery guys were very careful and set everything where I wanted it, attached handles and knobs as neede, removed the protective cellophane wrap, collected the trash.  Overall a very good experience. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe Lowe's does their own delivery. The other big box home improvement store here uses a contract delivery.

Added: I agree that she needs to be involved in the selection process.

Honored Contributor

There is so much going on with refrigerators now.  Ice and water in the door, tv in the door, shelving doesn't move in some freezer on the side or bottom, and mine doesn't have a butter compartment!