Super Contributor

Does Anyone Watch Mystery Diners?

Every time I watch this show, I CANNOT believe what goes on in restaurants when the owner is gone.
Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Watch Mystery Diners?

I can't believe some of them.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

I catch it on occasion on Sunday afternoons. It make you wonder what goes on in the places we eat. I just read somewhere you should not ask for a lemon slice in your water. These lemons are handled by many people and are covered with germs on the skin and lots of cross contamination from slicing meat and then slicing a lemon. That grossed me out. Next time just plain ice water for me.

Honored Contributor

I've watched this show since it began. Of course, like everybody else, I know it's a big drama fest of acted out scenes. At least I've noticed, since this new season, that they actually have a disclaimer that says 'some' of the scenes are recreated. But I still enjoy the show.

I stopped watching that other, somewhat similar, one with that big Willie guy. That one just got too stoopid for me. Not positive of the name but I want to say 'Restaurant Stakeout'. I enjoy the Mystery Diners one so much more.

I like how some of these guys are just incredulous when they get busted like 'how dare you' when they are the ones doing criminal or unethical activities.

Honored Contributor

I watch the show and am quite surprised at the many ways employees can misbehave at work. My husband has nephews who have worked as cooks in several local restaurants, and they have shared stories about employees who have been fired for their on the job antics. Most of the stories they shared were about personal pranks that went too far.

Super Contributor

I know Chickenbutt, last night a waiter stole a large tip from another waiter and when caught said it's standard industry practice, Lordy. Rarely do these people even look embarrassed.
Honored Contributor

It's scripted reality.
Valued Contributor

I talked to someone 'in the know'. He told me I would never eat out if I knew what went on in restaurants' kitchens.

Honored Contributor

On 1/28/2014 Nicecupoftea said:

I talked to someone 'in the know'. He told me I would never eat out if I knew what went on in restaurants' kitchens.

I've heard that too. A coworkers husband is a FedEx driver and goes in the back door of restaurants to deliver and sees the kitchen. There are a couple places he won't set foot in when she can get him to eat out.

I like mystery diners and have probably seen every show.

Super Contributor

I still laugh at the one with the vegan restaurant and one of the employees went on a break and came back with a burger and fries and was eating it outside in front of the restaurant. What a dummy! And the girl taking orders wouldn't let a customer have cheese because cheese is murder. The guy was fired not only for the meat but also serving real meat to customers when it was supposed to be "" like meat but not meat"" whatever that means. The girl was told to let people have cheese and not to be such a fanatic and wasn't fired.