Esteemed Contributor

Does Anyone Watch Laura Vitale?

Laura Vitale had a cooking show for a couple of seasons and I had to stumble across it.

She also has a You Tube cooking channel and a great website "Laura in the kitchen".  She has a ton of recipes and they are easy to make.

I finally found mushrooms so tonight I am making her salisbury steak. We watched the video and DD, who is not a beef lover, said it looked good and wants to try it.

You know you are getting stir crazy from staying home when you, and your kid, watch cooking videos at night instead of regular TV or a movie. lol

Respected Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Watch Laura Vitale?

I have seen marathons of her show on the Cooking Channel, seen her in with Bobby Flay on Food Network once in awhile and also subscribe to her YouTube Channel where she puts out videos twice a week. All of her recipes are not my thing but have picked up some techniques from watching her. Will try and look up her Salisbury steak.
Occasional Contributor

I came across Laura's show on YouTube by accident one night and love watching her. My 31 year old daughter and I, enjoy watching her make her desserts. My goodness, she really makes it look easy doesn't she? Have you seen her make pizza? Wow! She's good!!! Loved reading your thread on this. Thanks for sharing!!!!   Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched her show in the early days and found her recipes and presentation style to be "just okay" overall. The recipes are all really basic, which could be good for some cooks, but I find her to be a little over the top and stopped watching. I'm sure some people would enjoy the reruns that occasionally pop up on the Cooking Channel, though, even if it's just as a break from the marathons of "Man Fire Food," "Cheap Eats," and "Bizarre Destinations."

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Yes, I discovered Laura Vitale a few years ago and I have made a few things with her 

recipes.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Esteemed Contributor

Spoiler

@Pamela330  She is a whiz at pizza, isn't she. If my memory serves, her Dad owned a pizza place in NJ and she worked there when she was younger.

I wish I loved to cook as much as she does.

Respected Contributor

i love watching laura vitale. shes funny. and does her recipes well. i have made some of her baking stuff. i didnt know she has  cooking show but i watch her on utube.

Esteemed Contributor

Spoiler

@Pooky1  I don't think her show, Simply Laura, is on anymore.  It only ran 2 season I think.  It was on the cooking channel I believe, not Food Network. I was channelflipping one day and happened on it.

We did do the salisbury steak for supper, I was very good.

Honored Contributor

My dad first discovered her YouTube channel when he was well into his 80s. He thought she was pretty cute and he liked her recipes. He was impressed with how many recipes and videos she had and he encouraged me to check them out. I have to say that it is impressive. She has become one of my go-to sources for recipes.  I've never seen her make anything that is terribly complicated, which suits me fine.

~ house cat ~
Regular Contributor

Yes I do!  Love to watch her on youtube.  I find her recipes easy and simple.