Respected Contributor

Does Anyone Use A Butter Bell?

I never even heard of this until today I saw it  on youtube. I think it is a great invention to keep the butter soft. I use real butter not margarine which already comes soft. If  you have used one how do you like it?

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Use A Butter Bell?

I used to use one but now I just leave the butter out on the counter in a butter dish.  We seem to use enough butter that it stays fine.

If we didn't have air conditioning I would probably use one in the summer.

Honored Contributor

I use one and like it.  You do need to remember to change the water frequently.  Also, if you have hard water like I do, you'll get build-up on it.  I started using water from my Zero Water in mine to keep that from happening. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to use a butter boat similar to K376667, same principle, but easier than placing butter in bell.

Water in bottom chamber, butter stick above with lid.  Broke it and never replaced, although it worked well.

Trudeau Butter Boat-white, Size: One size

Denise
Trusted Contributor

I used to use a butter bell, but found the butter frequently falling from the top of the bell into the water.  I now use the butter boat, and it works fine.

Respected Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

I never even heard of this until today I saw it  on youtube. I think it is a great invention to keep the butter soft. I use real butter not margarine which already comes soft. If  you have used one how do you like it?

I have one love it. I buy the 4 quarter butters and smash 2 into it with the palm of my hand, never has it fall into the water. So far anyways. Got mine from Amazon

Esteemed Contributor

I live on the edge and just use a Le Creuset set that I put in the refrigerator when I get antsy.  Seems to work.

Honored Contributor

Had a small one but forgot to change the water and it was more trouble than I wanted--I put my butter in a butter dish and leave it on my counter----no need to refrigerate

Respected Contributor

I used to use one, but in the summer, the butter would fall into the water...and we have our air conditioning set on 73.  I now just use a covered butter dish on the counter, and guess what?  The butter has been just fine.  If I don't think I'll use a stick up within a week or so, I do only put half of it on the butter dish.  (PS...I read that butter is perfectly safe to be stored like this!)

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I use a Butterie Flip Top Butter Dish; saw on HSN but sold out before I could purchase so I got mine from Amazon.  Love it no water just place butter in dish close lid and enjoy soft butter anytime you want.  Very pleased with my purchase.