Respected Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Have Franciscan Ivy China?

[ Edited ]

I bought a service for 10 plus matching berry bowls and several serving pieces in the Desert Rose pattern about 25 years ago at a garage sale.  Paid $70.

We used them for many holiday and other special dinners through the years.  But now I don't have everyone over anymore, and they are just sitting in my hutch.  I am planning to see if my granddaughter, daughter or DIL want them.

They are really beautiful.

Honored Contributor

My MIL had the apple pattern but it did not fare well with her seven children.  I like the ivy pattern.  

Honored Contributor

@Cal22 wrote:

I have had Franciscan Starburst since 1961. Several years ago was able to replace cups through replacements dot com.

Brings back lots of wonderful memories!

That's a great set of dishes, @Cal22.  I didn't realize that was a Franciscan pattern or, more likely, I forgot:/

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I have the Apple pattern, but that Ivy is beautiful !

@QVCkitty1 LOVE the Apple pattern!  I bought the set in place of registuring for china.  Being as color oriented as I am, I looked at the china and nothing spoke to me.

When I moved into my own apartment, My folks bought me the Apple dishes, and then I added to the set on my own. I use white dishes now , but I still love the Apple. If I were starting over, I would consider the Ivy. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have several serving pieces by Franciscian, in a deep brown, they were my aunts she gave them to me when I got married.

I have a teapot with cover, 4 small cups with out a handle, a pitcher and a base.

I tired to to a little search and I found nothing 
I would love to know a little history on this 

@I am still oxox 

Tahiti?

Vintage Franciscan MADEIRA Set of 4 Cups and Saucers 8 Piece image 6

Maderia?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 @tansy @alicedee @I am still oxox @Cal22 @colliemom4 @RetRN @judy0330 @Krimpette This is Franciscan WILDFLOWER.  Love it, would have loved the large yellow flower to be blue!  DH would NEVER eat on this, LOL!!!!!Smiley Happy

See the source image

Respected Contributor

So many pretty patterns!

Valued Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@judy0330 Thank you.  That isn't my dining room.  I was never fond of the Hepplewhite Shield back chairs.

This is my dining room.

20191113_155725.jpg

@ECBG  I meant that the table setting looked lovely -- not the table!!

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

That's a lovely pattern. I've been using Desert Rose Franciscan for around 40-50 years now.  My parents gave it to me.

@Krimpette 

That's the same pattern my mom had. My older sister now has all of it plus silverware etc. She's the only that uses that kind of stuff.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz   I have been using my Deserrt Rose as my every day dishes for all the years that I've had them.  Love them!