Honored Contributor

Does Anyone Have A Wood Pellet Grill?

We have had a wood pellet grill for about 7 months an everything is so much better!

White meat chicken pulls off.  Steaks are amazingly juicy!  I have never seen a grill that turned off food any better!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Have A Wood Pellet Grill?

Have a relative who has one, Don't remember the brand. The food  comes out amazing, chicken, ribs ,  beef brisket ect

Honored Contributor

We have smokers, a regular grill and a Big Green Egg, and a couple of charcoal grills. Never turned into Pellet Heads (what people who smoke with wood call Pellet Cookers).  Woman Very HappyWoman Wink  We belong to the Egger side of the coin.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH is a BBQ Geek and has a gas grill, (2)Santa Maria BBQ grills (1 is on a cart and sits on our covered deck) and a new (18 mths) Pit Boss wood pellet grill.  He likes the Pit Boss so much that we bought another for his son ( A professional chef). We all love the Pit Boss and what it does to a tri tip shouldn't be legal.  We also bought a Traeger Pellet Grilling Cookbook, which really helps with achieving perfection.

Honored Contributor

My brother has a Traeger grill- it is a huge mamma jamma!!! but oh good gravy--does he ever cook amazing things on it--meatloaf, mac-n-cheese all types of meat and poultry---veggies---just delicious but it is big---

Respected Contributor

We have one... RecTec. Its hubs toy. I don't mess with a grill or smoker. And yes, the food is delicious from the smoker/grill.  My son in law cooks everything on it. He did bacon on the flat top accessory. Good Lordy I could eat a pound of bacon on my own and this just took it to the next level.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, we've had a Trager for a number of years, and so has my two step-sons. I don't think there is anything that can compare to baby back ribs smoked on a wood pellet smoker/grill for 7 or 8 hours, especially dry rub ribs. And pulled pork from a shoulder cut of meat? Just delicious!

Esteemed Contributor

Ever since we moved here to our townhouse we got a Traeger grill and my husband never gets tired of using it.  Tonight he's grilling a beef roast, tomorrow pork loin, wonder chickens he's made and steak also!!

It sure is the best grill we've ever had and we had a gas grill before.