Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you watch anyone cook on t.v. now?

I continue to watch my favorite chef, Lidia Bastianich. Her dishes are made of fresh, easy to assemble, wonderful ingredients. She provides me with the motivation to try new recipes and new ways of combining different foods that may just be sitting in my kitchen.

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I watch Ina Garten, Lydia Bastianich, Cook's Country, America's Test Kitchen, My Greek Table, Ciao Italia, Martha Stewart and sometimes, Milk Street, Chopped.  Can't think of more.

@Patriot3 You took the words right out of my computer!  I cannot stand Chris from Milk Street, but did buy the big cookbook he just released because I like the recipes in it.

I just can't watch him for a whole show!  I also watch Jacques Pepin any time he is on, but you nailed the list for me!

I also like Emeril because we used to eat a lot at Commander's Palace when he was "cookin' for Ella Brennan" as he says, so I know the man knows food and I know he loves people.  He would so often come around and talk to every person--asking them how they liked what they were having and talking about it.

I used to find the Pioneer Woman at least interesting, but her new shows with her kids are difficult to get through and sort of a mess and the food is just thrown together things. 

Respected Contributor

I used to watch Ree on FN but I do not anymore. 

My favorite is The Kitchen.

Super Contributor

We are watching Top Chef episodes on the Peacock channel. There are many seasons of it, so it will be our go-to for a while.
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Doing Keto or low carb?  On You Tube, check out Dot2Trot.  I really like to watch her.

Who might you be watching?

Headbanger's Kitchen on YouTube.  I like High Falutin' Low Carb, too.

Respected Contributor

I watch Trisha Yearwood, Cook's Country, Americas Test Kitchen, Lidia Bastianich and Ina Garten.

Gave up on Ree Drummond and Milk Street.

Honored Contributor

Last time I watched anyone cook on TV was Julia Child when she was on PBS channel 13 in New York .... around the late 1960s.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Trisha's Southern Kitchen-HGTV, Lydia and Martha Stewart on Create.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I cannot watch any of the shows that are scripted like sitcoms, which rules out pretty much everything on the Food Network, other than "the Kitchen, which I do enjoy.

I record and watch Cook's Country, America's Test Kitchen, Ciao Italia, and occasionally Lidia Bastianich and Nick Stellino.  Stephanie Jaworski's "Joy of Baking" is my go-to when I need a baking recipe, but that's on YouTube, and Martha's baking shows record sporadically.. I'm not sure if she's still producing new ones at this point.  

I have tremendous respect for Ina Garten and I'd love to see her do a serious cooking show without all the phony baloney socializing.

In my opinion, if they have to make a theme out of the episode, "Grandpa's Birthday", "Sorority Sisters Visit" for example, they're just covering up for lack of serious skills.  

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I watch mostly Food Network and Tasty on twitter.  I'm not on any diet, so I try what I like.  Bobby Flay is surprisingly easy to follow. I've tried at least 4 of his recipes from his Brunch show.  I like Ina Garton too.