Honored Contributor

Do you watch anyone cook on t.v. now?

Doing Keto or low carb?  On You Tube, check out Dot2Trot.  I really like to watch her.

Who might you be watching?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you watch anyone cook on t.v. now?

I love watching 'Cooking with Brenda Gantt'  on Facebook...( but it's not tv)....She cooks the southern way..and I'm from the 'old school'.  It brings back memories of my childhood.

Regular Contributor

I watch Ina Garten - I love her - no bells and whistles, just cooking.  I also love Chopped.  Ted Allen is the best and again, no stupid games, just cooking.

Esteemed Contributor

Lisa Robertson on Facebook.... it's entertaining

Honored Contributor

I loved HGTV when they had people cooking.  Now it's just games and talk.  

Respected Contributor

That low carb girl sounds interesting...tks for sharing, I'll check her out! (If I EVER get off my awful 2020 "diet" and get back to healthy!!)

On Food Network...Ina is always good, and I have a few of her cookbooks, or recipes I get off FN.com...she's ALWAYS reliable and delicious. Btw...it's fall, and if anyone wants a great apple crisp...I've made various ones...Ina's is the BEST. However, tons of butter you can cut by 1/2 and it's still delicious.

Also watch Rachael Ray...I know people either love or hate her boisterous personality...but for me, she was the first one I got hooked on many years ago on FN..who really got me cooking. Us both from Italian background...she "spoke my language"...her style and choices in the kitchen reminded me of a lot of what I grew up with.

I have started watching on FB, "Cooking with Brenda Gantt"...she's a "light" in this dreary year...I love her combination of food, family, faith. I can't say I'd eat exactly as she cooks, but if I want to learn something Suutthherrrn, as I often have (fried chicken, biscuits)...being a Yankee girl and Italian, I'd have no clue...so she's teaching me!

Those are my favs for now...but I've watched many.  OH! I also love Trisha's Southern Kitchen...one of the best on FN as far as entertaining. I like some, not all, of her recipes..fun show.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought of a couple more on cable..

I love when I catch Lydia Bastianich's show on PBS...I never know when it's on, so it's touch and go as I find it.

Also, too early in the morning, but on cable (like 5am!) I've seen "Christina Cooks" (vegan, but just good healthy cooking)..I also follow her now on social media, she posts a lot of good recipes and tips for healthy eating.

And occasionally on cable I see "The Jazzy Vegetarian"...she's kinda goofy, lol...but her cooking is interesting to me.

As you can tell...I do like watching cooking shows.

And if you knew me decades ago...it would have been the last thing I'd care about...I was what I always call a "late blooming cook" and RR on FN really got me going. Now I enjoy the "zen" and creativity of cooking...NEVER thought in a million years I'd ever say that. So...you can teach an old dog new tricks. Smiley Wink The End.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watch Ina Garten, Lydia Bastianich, Cook's Country, America's Test Kitchen, My Greek Table, Ciao Italia, Martha Stewart and sometimes, Milk Street, Chopped.  Can't think of more.

Esteemed Contributor

Lydia Bastianich, Cook's Country, America's Test Kitchen,  Ciao Italia.

Respected Contributor

I was very little now.  If I'm surfing channels and see Ina Garten or Ree Drummond (RD not so much anymore), I'll see what they're making.  If it interests me, I'll watch, if not I move on.