Honored Contributor

Re: Do you use your vacuum food sealer?

I have two of them.  One is around a year old.  I hardly use them.

I have two deep freezers and two refrigerator/freezers and right now they are packed full.  Zipper lock bags are easier to use and IMO work better.  I have had a few of the vacuum bags leak even though they were sealed.  

I buy meat in bulk...no time to play with the sealer. I try to get it in the freezer ASAP.

Honored Contributor

Yes I use it all the time and it’s worth every penny.

I bought it from the Q several years ago and was hesitant at first. But now I’m very happy I got it.

Honored Contributor

A family member has one and swears by it. I think I might go for it. I'm sick of freezer burn.

Honored Contributor

Perfect timing for this ? I've looked in my freezer and thought why haven't I bought a FoodSaver🤔

Looking at all those "crappy" ziplock bags convinced me I need one!

I think this is going to be my next purchase especially since my freezer is stocked!!!  

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I buy meat in bulk...no time to play with the sealer. I try to get it in the freezer ASAP.

@Carmie  I also buy meat in bulk.  What saves me time is I seal the meats along w/the wrap it came in.  Butcher & game meats I seal them along w/the freezer paper the butcher wraps in, grocery store meats I seal whatever the meat is wrapped with (usually plastic).  Cuts down the sealing time more than 1/2.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

SO is the cook and the meat eater in the house.   He's had one for years and wouldn't be without it.

Honored Contributor

Yes. We have a large upright freezer. We have been using out for years.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess I'm there with you!  I forget I have the thing and don't want it on my countertop!

Super Contributor

Yes, I use mason jars for cheese and marinating meat. I use the cannisters for lettuce and other vegetables. 

Trusted Contributor

Sure do. Not daily, but often. Frozen food of all kinds. Dry goods like crackers, flours. Cold food like cheese. Really keeps things protected. Very practical.