Respected Contributor

Re: Do you rinse your corned beef off

I rinse it off twice and then bake it in the oven. I let it come to a slow boil two times then I bake. This is a very salty meat unless you like a lot of salt I would boil first then drain out the water and boil again drain off the water then cook as desired.

Honored Contributor

Yes I do rinse it off and then trim some of the fat off. This year I did what a couple posters suggested--brought the meat to a boil 2 times and then will slow cook it according to an American Test Kitchen recipe I found. Also I'm not going to use the enclosed packet of spices as per ATK, they usually are stale. Will put in fresh spices and add chicken broth plus water to cook in. No veggies except onions and garlic and the spices. Will cook the spuds and carrots in the strained broth on top of the stove to prevent them from over cooking.

Respected Contributor

My aunt, who used to own a restaurant, swore by soaking the corned beef overnight in water. The next day she emptied the water and rinsed off the corned beef before cooking.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Valued Contributor

Nope I don't rinse it. I just dump the whole thing in my pot, add a chopped onion and water and let it come to a boil. Delicious!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}