Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you reseal your granite countertops??

We have granite in our kitchen and 2 bathrooms. It is still very pretty. I have sealed it maybe twice. My brother in law is a granite salesman, and he says you can put hot pots and pans on it without doing any damage, however I don't do that, just "in case."

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you reseal your granite countertops??

On 6/17/2014 BeanCounter17 said:

I just had Blue Pearl installed in my kitchen in May. Installers used some sort of sealer that says on the can it is supposed to be good for 15 years but they also told me to just use the beaded water test and I can seal it on my own if it appears that it is getting dull. They told me to wait until the next day before wiping it down but I don't see it as being a big deal if I have to reseal. I stressed more over selection of a backsplash to go with it and the store owner steered me toward a few selections - and I went with Smoky Stiletto. It is beautiful together with the Blue Pearl. I am more than pleased with all of it.

I think Blue Pearl is the name of the granite in our master bathroom. I love it -- so pretty. We also have squares, set on point, of that granite set into our tile floors in the bathroom. Love it. Glad you like yours too.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead