Honored Contributor

Re: Do you really need a special sprayer for air fryers?

I've wondered why nobody ever mentions using a light spritz of Pam.  I use it to make grilled cheese and put a spritz of the butter flavored on popcorn.  I imagine the sprayers made for oil are less likely to become a greasy, gummy mess.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Pam or any non-stick spray will ruin the non-stick coating on cookware.  So, even though you may not be spraying it directly into the AF basket, some of it is getting on the basket.  Not sure I want to be eating the non-stick ingredient when it's just as easy to use 100% oil.  

Honored Contributor

Yes. If you own an air fryer you need a sprayer to spray foods with unless you want to buy those cans of olive oil or coconut oil spray in the spray bottles without the propellants.

I have the smaller EVO spray bottles plus the pump up Misto sprayers. I put olive oil in 1 & coconut oil in the other.

Not all foods you air fry need to be spritzed with oil. I found Ore Ida shoestring fries do need to be spritzed so the salt or other seasoning will stick too them. Nothing I hate more then to eat french fries without salt. Some of the bags of frozen fries are already oily & do not need to be spritzed like Checkers french fries. It just takes a little trial & error before you will know what needs to be spritzed & what does not.

Like breaded okra it really needs to be tossed in olive oil before air frying or it's just too dry & does not turn out.

Respected Contributor

@msh8970Just a brush can add oil just as well.Use what you have.All these gadget add up in money and room. 

Trusted Contributor

I misread the title of this thread and thought it said, "Do you really need a speacial prayer for air fryers?"

well, do you?

Honored Contributor

I like the idea of only getting a small amount of oil or whatever sprayed on the pan or the food. I always use too much of that stuff. But spending alot af money on a spray bottle--not so much!!

Respected Contributor

@FuzzyFaceNo I wouldn't think so. Just prayers to pick the right one. My advice is the Power XL 5.3 Qt. received mine last year for Valentine's gift, holding real well and I use it everyday abour 3 times a day . Quick and easy.

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace...................We need prayers for everything in our life.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@FuzzyFace

That’s what I read too!  I always enjoy when my vision or hearing issues can be entertaining. 

Valued Contributor

I bought a "I can't believe it's not butter"  in a spray bottle.  When I was done with the butter part I kept the plastic bottle for spraying things for my air fryer.