Honored Contributor

Do you prefer sets of serving pieces and dinnerware, or do you prefer eclectic collections?

I don't like my serving pieces to be all matchy matchy. I'm watching the Temptations presentation. It seems like quite a value, but I prefer to buy one piece at a time as it "speaks" to me... especially vintage pieces.

Do you prefer sets or eclectic collections?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you prefer sets of serving pieces and dinnerware, or do you prefer eclectic collections?

I don't mind having a few matching pieces, but I prefer a mix of my favorites I have collected or inherited over the years. I don't own any Temp-tations. Overkill IMO

Valued Contributor

Re: Do you prefer sets of serving pieces and dinnerware, or do you prefer eclectic collections?

All my dishes, serving pieces, bakeware, etc. are Fiestaware in fun & coordinating colors. JMO, matchy, matchy, is boring.
Esteemed Contributor

Everyday dishes are Fiesta, too. Several colors so not too matchy, matchy. I wouldn't buy TT.

Formal tableware is Lenox china and crystal. So there, yes, very matchy matchy. I have a set of Lenox Christmas china and yes, that's matchy matchy, too. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

Eclectic; just like me. Smiley Wink

This also goes for my entire home. 8)

Respected Contributor

I'm boring, mine all match, but I've always lusted after this set of flatware modeled on famous European hotels:

Wallace flatware

Denise
Super Contributor

Guess I'm the odd man out in this discussion. . .I like stuff to match. My family could care less, but I make a big effort to have things look nice. Thankfully, everyone is different!

Esteemed Contributor

denisemb, NM has the same concept in everyday flatware by Towle. They call it their Hotel Collection.

90 pc set is on sale for $165.

Just sayin' {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Respected Contributor

Snowpuppy, you are bad! :::going to check that out::: {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Denise
Honored Contributor

I do things both ways. Some days I want a completely matching table, everything from the dishes to the serving pieces to the pitcher of water. Other days I like to mix it up and coordinate different brands or patterns. I don't think either is wrong, and I like to change the look of the set table with almost every meal, so I have huge collections of dishes and bakeware from antique to mid century modern, to American made pottery, to Temp-tations.