Honored Contributor

Re: Do you prefer sets of serving pieces and dinnerware, or do you prefer eclectic collections?

I like eclectic. The only that matches are the paper plates.

Respected Contributor

Re: Do you prefer sets of serving pieces and dinnerware, or do you prefer eclectic collections?

It's just the two of us so it's not a problem. But when we have company, yes, I do prefer things to match.

Respected Contributor

I prefer matching sets, which unfortunately, is usually out of my price range. I would hate to start collecting a set and have it be discontinued before I finish.

Esteemed Contributor

I like matching also. Maybe it is because we didn't have that growing up!

Honored Contributor

I like things to coordinate, not necessarily match. If eclectic means just thrown together, I don't like that
Trusted Contributor

On 11/6/2014 suzeecat said:

I prefer matching sets, which unfortunately, is usually out of my price range. I would hate to start collecting a set and have it be discontinued before I finish.

Suzeecat,

I have enjoyed collecting Fiesta dinnerware and baking pieces because in a way it is matchy matchy, but in another way it can looked a little mixed up with contrasting colors. I don't have to worry about something being discontinued without getting advance notice, and plenty of time to purchase pieces that I want. For instance, about a year ago it was announced that the color flamingo would be retired. Even now, one year later there are still some flamingo pieces available.

It is reasonably priced, especially with a sale. There are many places that sell these pieces, and for those who like to collect (like me....{#emotions_dlg.blushing}) there are different colors added and different pieces added. It keeps it interesting. And I can't forget to mention these are high quality pieces, 5 year chip replacement warranty and made here in the US.

Trusted Contributor

I have matching sets of dishes, and I have an eclectic collection of vintage plates and glasses. I use what suits my mood and scheme, and sometimes mix and match.