Respected Contributor

Re: Do you own an electric kettle?

@Sooner wrote:

@Texasmouse wrote:

@Sooner congrats on your retirement! I'm looking forward to mine in a few short months. Maybe a nice kettle could be my retirement gift to myself.  🙂

@Texasmouse I have loved every electric kettle I've had--and prices they were all good.  The ability to get extra temperatures is nice sometimes too!  It won't be long for you!  I hope you escape before the holidays!!!!!  Woman Very Happy

@Sooner that's the plan! 😉

Honored Contributor

No.  On the rare occasion I have a hot drink, I use the microwave.

Honored Contributor

To answer the OP's question, no, I do not own an electric kettle.

I do not drink hot drinks at all and I have no other need for one.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I do and, even though I don't use it a lot in the summer for my tea, I get my money's worth in the winter, although mine was I believe under $30. The microwave doesn't hold the heat in the water very long and I've found the kettle will keep it warm until I can finish a cup. I also use it in the summer to boil water before making the hummingbird food. I keep mine on a table in the kitchen, found that I didn't like having the kettle on my stovetop all the time. I will surely replace it when this one stops working. It's a lot quicker than the stovetop kettle, as well, in my opinion 

Respected Contributor

I do not.  I have a kitchen aid tea kettle.  I don’t drink a ton of tea, but this works for me.  Glad everyone loves theirs!   Sounds like some really nice options.  My stove does boil water fairly quickly.  

Trusted Contributor

YES and it stays on the counter all the time.  We use it not just for tea but anything that requires hot water - Instant Mashed Potatoes, Instant stuffing, ramen noodles, Jello.  Soooo many used and easier than heating up on the stove or burning my hands getting a hot cup out of the microwave.