Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you own a food processor?

I went most of my married life without a food processor.  I finally decided that I absolutely must have one, and got a large, expensive Kitchen Aid several years ago.  It has so many blades and gadgets that I'm overwhelmed by it.  I've not used it once. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

I have a  KITCHENAID processor.  I love it.

I use it everyday. I  use it to slice and dice veggies.  I make egg or ham salad in there.  I mix pie crust and dumplings.  I make my own pumpkin purée or pies. It is perfect for slicing potatoes.  It's great for chopping nuts too.

When my last cheaper one broke. I bought a replacement immediately.  I would not be without it. I even have a second one in my camper.  It is my favorite small kitchen appliance.

Honored Contributor

I own one and the only thing I use it for is chopping salad vegetables.  The rest of the time it sits on my counter taking up space.  But I cant chop by hand much because of arthritis.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I own a very nice food processor.  Last used it about 10 years ago.  The only time I use it is when I make a cheesecake which obviously is not often.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I do actually have two... one here at home .. one at the cottage .. same

here ..I don't use it often ... but I will tell you what a absolutely love is

my Pull and Chop .. now that I use a lot ... its a great gadget .....+-

Respected Contributor

I have a Cuisinart that has a food processor and a blender. You use either one on the base.  I don't use the food processor very often anymore. Mostly when doing holiday meals, but I do use the blender more. I also have the mini chopper but find the Magic Bullet I have does the work of all of them. It's my favorite.

Super Contributor

I have a 13 cup Kitchen Aid I bought some years ago. I need to reference the instructions when I take it out of the closet. It has adapters for different blades. The dicing kit is another mess. Tina presented it as so easy to use. They never showed her actually setting it up. It's been improved because of all the negative reviews. I works well when I need it and I like all the parts in their storage box. I don't like having all the blades packed inside the newer model.
Honored Contributor

No, not worth the money to me.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've had my Ninja Master Prep since it first came out years ago. Best thing ever. So easy to find replacement parts. I use it at least three to four times a week.

Ninja Master Prep Professional QB1004 | One Size | Blenders + Juicers Blenders

That's what I have too @SilleeMee 

I use that small one all the time to blend salad dressings.

I also use the Food Chopper  K50212

Kuhn Rikon 2-Cup Pull & Chop Food Chopper Chop - QVC.com

Got rid of my 'real' food processor...NEVER used it, big pain to load blades etc

Honored Contributor

I have a Wolfgang Puck, and while I do love it when I need to use it, I don't use it that often.  Mostly I use it for shredding a block of cheese.  But, I don't cook that often. I don't have room for it to sit on my counter, so that is also a consideration as to whether I want to pull it out or not.  For some larger slicing jobs I pull out the mandolin since it is so much easier to clean.