Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you occasionally use Vinegar in your dishwasher?

It also does a good job of cleaning your glass coffee carafe. I put some along with some hot water in mine and wipe the inside of the glass w/a paper towel. It's surprising the amount of brown resididue you get. 

Respected Contributor

I never use my dishwasher, but I do use vinegar when I do my laundry.

Respected Contributor

Yes, but since I read the warning about wearing the rubber parts prematurely, I am alternating monthly between vinegar and dishwasher cleaner.

I figure the acid in one cup of vinegar in top tray of dishwasher can't be all that different than some foods on dishes.

I was surprised at the amount of gunk on the filter of my Bosch since my previous dishwasher did not require filter cleaning.  Its almost like dough residue when I spray/ brush clean.

Honored Contributor

I only add a splash of Clorox during flu season.  I don't have hard water, and my stemware is too long for the upper rack.

Honored Contributor

I have been using LemiShine for years. It is made for dishwashers, and it works. I just put a little of the powder in the receptacle along with my detergent pod.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I have been using LemiShine for years. It is made for dishwashers, and it works. I just put a little of the powder in the receptacle along with my detergent pod.

I don't use a detergent pod with mine and it still really cleans.

Honored Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@arrabella, I'm not sure that I understand. LemiShine is not a detergent. It's supposed to be used along with some time of dishwasher detergent.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Where do you purchase Lemishine?  I never heard of it.  

Respected Contributor

No.

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@arrabella wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@arrabella, I'm not sure that I understand. LemiShine is not a detergent. It's supposed to be used along with some time of dishwasher detergent.

I just checked my Lemishine packs and they say

"Pour contents of pouch into bottom os empty dishwasher and run as normal.  I also checked the packs that you can use in both washers and dishwashers and they say the same.  Nothing about adding a detergent.