Honored Contributor

Re: Do you leave your dining table set when you're not hosting?

"leaving your dining room table set at all times to make your home more welcoming."

If that's what it takes to make a home "more" welcoming, we're in bad shape!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I think my dining room is welcoming enough without keeping the table set for dinner guests.  Of course, we all do what makes us happy in our own homes.

Respected Contributor

No, I used to when all the family was still home. That was long ago so no it makes no sense. I keep it decorated nicely usually by season or tradition, birthday, etc.

Super Contributor

No, they'll suggest/say anything to sell, sell, sell - besides minimalistic is the trend, who needs more to dust, etc. I do like having an attractive centerpiece on the table. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Funny that this came up.  

I've been watching youtube videos of deserted mansions and castles by a person named BigBankz. He's an urban explorer and this castle had the table still set with china.  And yes, this activity is considered trespassing. 

"Inside an Abandon 15th Century Royal Castle...Everything Left Behind"

Respected Contributor

Yes...

Esteemed Contributor

No.

I think dusting and cleaning would be a pain & I would not find it practical for how we live and use the room.

I just keep a crystal vase filled with fresh flowers on the table. It's cheery and easy to remove when I am dusting the room.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I always have a table cloth on the dining room table to fit the season.  I also have a center piece that I decorate according to the season.  I don't agree setting the dining room table is welcoming, my home is welcoming because I am here,  LOL!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love to eat at my formal dining table, but I would never feel comfortable using dishes, silverware and glassware that had been sitting out. My home is clean, but the HVAC is on 24/7 and who knows what kind of air it's been blowing over the dining table? NOPE. Would never consider such a thing. Plus, it's ugly looking at tableware all day.

My furniture is gorgeous with a simple crystal vase filled with fresh flowers every few days. It's my home and decorated how I like it when I sit down to enjoy a meal or when I walk by and enjoy a whiff of fresh scent!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

"For our first course this evening we will be enjoying a cinnamon squash soup with sour cream and dust".