Esteemed Contributor

Do you leave small appliances on your counter or put them away?

I leave my kitchen aid mixer out because it's heavy.  I have an opti grill that I use all the time so I have that out also but I prefer clean, uncluttered counters so I may have to find a place for one of those items.  What do you do with your small appliances?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you leave small appliances on your counter or put them away?

I leave my coffee pot, toaster and Ninja blender on the counter.  I use all of them daily.  Heart

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Trusted Contributor

My Keurig in on the counter.  Everything else, including toaster, is put away.  In my previous house I had an appliance garage and I loved it because the counter was clear and clean all the time which I like.  My toaster is kept on the top shelf of a bottom corner cabinet lazy susan so it takes a second to get it out.  I don't use any small appliance every day so no need to keep them all out. 

Honored Contributor

I'm extremely 'clutter neurotic' but I'm also fortunate to have a lot of counters in my kitchen.  So I do have several things out, but lots of 'space' left empty to keep the anxiety of clutter away.  heh

I have a Vitamix on one of those cart things that I keep at the end of one of my counters.  

I also have a LEM vacuum sealer on one counter.  

I have a waffle maker (which I'm working on finding an 'away' space for since I seldom use it), a contact grill, and a convection oven on another that is a corner counter.  

That's it for appliances.  I also have four utensil crocks, a huge square BOOS board, a knife block, and then a little 19" TV in a corner of another counter.

Honored Contributor

I have a very small galley kitchen; the only things on my counters are my Cuisinart coffee maker, knife block, toaster, and paper towels.  My hand held mixer is in the pantry, the waffle iron and pressure cooker are in a base cabinet.   I don't have use for any other small appliances.  

Valued Contributor

I try to keep most things put away but Vitamix, toaster and coffeemaker are out.

Respected Contributor

I'm a pig....

Esteemed Contributor

My Keurig is the only small appliance I leave out.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in an apartment with very little counter and cabinet space...so I have to leave many things out...Right now my Keurig...toaster...knife block...basket with cooking utensils and my dish drying rack are all up there...pretty much bunched together...

I just bought and received the TSV Cooks Essentials Air Fryer..that is sitting on my kitchen table..

Honored Contributor

If I use it at least once a week, I leave it out. If I use it infrequently, I put it away. I used to leave my rice cooker out because I used it at least twice a week, but now I make larger batches of rice and freeze them in single portion containers and only use the rice cooker 2-3 times a month.