Honored Contributor

Re: Do you keep condiments from take-out meals?

I keep some a d throw them in a stir fry for some extra flavor. I have to watch my salt , but a little does the trick.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Years ago I did and then realized they weren't used so I tossed them. My late DH used to kid me about saving the plastic ware but I always used it. Still do!

I could have written this post!

Honored Contributor

I only keep Arby’s sauce, Taco Bell Fire sauce, and any honey mustard sauce or dressing.   

Honored Contributor

NO.  And I throw away most makeup samples too.  They are both a noxious source of clutter! 

Honored Contributor

They’re great for picnics, bag lunches and I hand them out for Halloween. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, keep some of them in a small container in the fridge. Husband likes some of them on his eggs. Don't keep them for a long time. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If a wrapped plastic set of fork and knife or spoon gets thrown into a take-out meal bag, those are worth saving, I think.

If my dishwasher ever goes bust and we have to switch to disposable paper plates and flatware, those restaurant giveaways can come in handy.

Take it from a woman who has had some poor experiences with  dishwashers, and how long it can take to get a new one installed.  Hand-washing dishes and utensils is a real pain.

Honored Contributor

i generally keep them.

i put them in a lock and lock container and keep them in our garage refrigerator.

they come in handy when we run out of condiments OR when i make my own chinese food.

yes, i keep the plastic utensils also. they come in handy on the beach or for outdoor picnics/events.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I only keep the condiments I can use, like the malt vinegar and tartar sauce from Long John Silver and the horsey sauce from Arbys.  I have them in a plastic container on the top shelf of the refrigerator.  I keep an eye on them so I don't get overrun like I once did.

Trusted Contributor

Taco Bell mild sauce and, not really condiment, fortune cookies.