Esteemed Contributor

Do you keep condiments from take-out meals?

I have a big bowl with packets of soy sauce, duck sauce, little containers of honey musard, bbq dippping sauces, packets of ketchup etc.  Also the plastic sleeves with a napkin and plasticware (knife, fork and spoon).  You get the idea.

I hate to just discard useable stuff but I don't want to just throw them in a lock n lock. I would probably forget I had them. Out of sight thing.

Do you keep or throw them?  If you keep themwhere do you store them?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you keep condiments from take-out meals?

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Years ago I did and then realized they weren't used so I tossed them. My late DH used to kid me about saving the plastic ware but I always used it. Still do!

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids   When I worked I would grab a thing of the plasticware for in my lunch.  It used them up and I didn't have to wash the silverware at work.

I should probably just bite the bullet and chuck everything.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Yep, those condiments' shelf life isn't all that long! Years ago I popped open a ketchup packet and it stunk. That's when I tossed all the Taco Bell, soy sauce and ketchup packs!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't save mine anymore, but my daughter likes to save the plasticware for work also.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2I do keep the soy and the mustard - they're in an old mug that stands just behind the mugs I use every day for my coffee, so I see them.

I try to remember not to bring home the d8ck sauce because that always goes to waste, and because I'm a snowbird, it's easy for me to toss anything I haven't used before I switch homes for a season.  (That's also the time I donate any cans or unopened boxes of food to a local food bank.)

Trusted Contributor

If I find regular yellow mustard among available condiments, I will take a few packets and try to always keep a few in a Ziploc bag in my purse-- mustard is great for helping to relieve the occasional cramp I sometimes get in my hand while out eating or the charleyhorse in my leg that happens whenever.

Valued Contributor

We used to keep them (but they were never used) until a small mouse came in thru the cable hole in floor.  I am certain that mouse had to go to ER after dining on so many packets of condiments.   After that, we now request only what we know we are going to use with that meal.  If one works, they would be wonderful for 'lunchboxes".

Respected Contributor

I ask them not to put condiments in the bag, I dont use them so why waste them. I do find it irritating that I have to ask for napkins now...that's ridiculous.

Valued Contributor

I'm a cheapie so I keep them. I put the condiments in a bowl on the table and if they don't appear to get used after a certain amount of time, I toss them. Years ago we had an outdoor casual graduation party and we bought a big thing of plasticware so I keep anything like that in that box. We tend to eat out on the back porch in nicer weather so I use those things a lot.