Honored Contributor

Do you have the Lock and Lock set from 5/24 show?

If you have this, do they break?  Do they pop open?  Not close?  I am curious because it looks like a nice set, but seems to have "issues?"

THANKS!

Respected Contributor

Re: Do you have the Lock and Lock set from 5/24 show?

@Sooner  are you refering to K49089 ? I bought it last weekend(?) and was astonished that I recieved it by I believe Wed. of this week ! 

I like it so far. It was a bit confusing as to on the demo I believe they said you could bake up to 700 degrees (never had an oven that went that high--but  care guide says 400 --so ?  I'll go with 400  Smiley Happy

I like it so far. I purchased the clear and lids had clear inner seals which  I like. I followed the directions on closing the lids and so far  have not had any problems. I have cooked au gratin potatoes in the mid-sized one ,  a half of chicken in small one , and a pasta bake in the other small one ( used toaster oven for that ). I do bnot have much need for the large one , but there if needed.

Some reviewers spoke of them being slippery . So far I have not found them to be any more than other glass. I am happy with the purchase as I needed some clear oval bakers and am always happy with L & L.

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay  THANKS!  I appreciate your reply!  

Frequent Contributor

I purchased it when it was a TSV last year. The lid on the largest dish wouldn't close even after following the instructions. It was clearly defective and I returned it. It's a heavy set and was a pain to return it. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I hate this set☹️☹️☹️

Not only are the slippery & difficult when hot to grip ends without mitt going into whatever is baked in dish.

And the lids -- I've tried every which way only could get smallest one to work.

I missed the return window as I hadn't seen the email sent by QVC about the issues...

I use them only for cold not hot stuff!!!

Honored Contributor

I've had them for several months, maybe longer. They are sturdy and clean up beautifully. I was having a hard time closing the larger ones, but the tip they showed about closing the tabs diagonally, solved that issue.  They are a little awkward taking in and out of the oven because they can be hard to get ahold of, but they do have a lip around them, just be cautious.

I probably use them most for leftovers.  I have a grown son who lives with us, but rarely eats with us.  He often comes home at odd hours and pops them into the microwave.  Personally, I don't use the microwave very often, but they are great for that.

banana bread with crumb topping.JPG

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

i purchased this set when it first appeared.

i love it and have no issues with it being "slippery.".....certainly no more slippery than any pyrex pieces or other glass cookware.

love how they have lids and yes, on some of the bigger pieces you have to learn how to close them if they dont close easily. once you get the hang of it they are fine. it is nice to be able to prepare, serve, and store all in the same container.

i do nest mine for storage even though they recommend NOT nesting.

i have the red set.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I have these. Bought them as the TSV. I was one that gave them a not so glowing review. 

I will say, after some trial and error, and reading that you should lock opposite corners on the long sides first, then lock the ends, the issue with getting them locked down was over for me. I've had no issues since. 

I love the Lock and Lock glass line. I'm making an effort to buy very little from China for a host of reasons (not just the virus thing), but my Lock and Locks are something I haven't given up on yet. They are far superior than any other system I've seen out there, in selection of sizes, shapes colors and quality of both glass and lids. 

I've been wanting to order another set of these, but was waiting for a free shipping day, which I think we won't see for a very long time again. 

But I love mine, and once you get the hang of how to lock them down, they work just fine.

Honored Contributor

And after just reading the replies here, I have to say that I find all Lock and Lock glass to be slippery. I thought it was me and my arthritic hands and lack of ability to grasp things like I used to. 

The plus side of it is that slipperiness allows for such easy clean up. Nothing sticks to this glass and washing up is really easy, much easier than stoneware.