Super Contributor

Re: Do you have/like Silicone Pans

I have silicone molds for the chocolates I make those are great. I did try silicone pan but like pointed out above they never fully get grease free. The browning does come out better in the usual metal ones somehow.

Honored Contributor

I do have a few muffin pans in silicone and if you prepare them the right way they are great--but they get so sticky. I use non stick on the very rare times I bake anything . I have muffin size silicone pans. 

Honored Contributor

just kept the silicone muffin cups.

pitched out the angel food cake pan. Red turned all blackish and it was

to flimsy feeling. Couldn't get with the silicone program LOL

do like the tools though.

Valued Contributor

I bought a silicone set years ago.  It was a loaf pan, muffin pan and two round pans.  Did not like them and they went into my next yard sale.

I did buy some silicone single muffin cups and I love those.  I bought a set of jumbo and regular sized.  

Valued Contributor

I also bought a set of silicone pans years ago...they became sticky and greasy feeling and couldn't get them clean... I ended up donating them... I now have all Nordicware baking pans... their full-sized (12 cup) muffin pan fits in my Breville smart oven pro... I have muffin, loaf  pans, 1/4 and 1/2 sheet pans, scone pan, springform,  mini muffin , 9x13 cake pans.... as you can see, I love Nordicware pans... they heat and brown nicely and are easy care .... (they do not go in the dishwasher, as most are aluminum and will discolor)....but I love them and most are made in the USA.....

... Will never go the silicone route again...JMO..

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised these things are still around. 

Honored Contributor

LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know this is an old post but I am gradually replacing most of my utensils, etc with silicone.   However I purchased the little muffin cups, not the muffin pan.

I love them.   They look like the paper liners.    I put them on a baking sheet, they hold their shape, easy to clean.     I do oil them, I have a silicone brush!   I pour about a tablespoon of vegetable oil in one, then pour it around to the others & use the brush to coat, takes me maybe a minute.

The instructions say to NOT use products like Pam.

I rarely bake more than 6-8 muffins at a time, the package I  purchased has 12.   At my house, we prefer muffins & cupcakes.     I've surprised myself that I've been able to easily keep up with them.   No problem handwashing them.

@CherryHugs 

Respected Contributor

@software  I have the little and large single muffin cups and have occasionally used them  and find them ok. DH likes them to hold screws when doing a project. I use them to put recipe ingredients in like salt/baking powder etc. I line them up so I do not forget one. They clean easily --just turn inside out.

I have not liked silicone baking pans or sheets (floppy) and I found them to smell funny. I have repurposed them . I use a baking sheet under the cat's dishes so they do not slide around.

I do like silicone spatulas .

Honored Contributor

What's happening?? This is the third old thread I've run across this morning already.