Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a "master" grocery list?

My master list has only 2 items - eggs and bananas. We eat enough of these every day through the week, by shopping day of course there are other items but we never not bypass these two items.

Esteemed Contributor

Sort of

It's not a very high tech system but it works for me.  I do my grocery shopping (including household & toiletry items) once a month.I keep a running list of items I need throughout the month and then a few days before I go shopping I type it up and print it out putting like items together (canned goods, frozen items, etc.).  I shop at two different stores and their layout is different so I don't type it out according to the store layout.  The items I tend to purchase every month are together on my list.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I have a legal pad and a Sharpie.  

Honored Contributor

I do have a list that is for most shipping trips. Produce is always on that list. But I purchase only what looks fresh. I grocery shop every two to three days for the freshest possible.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a master list on my phone for specific stores and add items as needed.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

If truly fresh produce is important to you, be glad you don't live in my area of WV, as "fresh produce" does not exist in any local store this time of year.   

Honored Contributor

When our new grocery store was built, they passed out the grocery layout.  I got 2 copies, and laminated one.  Now use that as my layout to write out the grocery list. 

I just write in what we need each week.  Doesn't change that much for the most part.