Respected Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite brand

[ Edited ]

I used to eat Hood, exclusively. I liked the one with chives, and also the cucumber/dill one, best. Then realized I should look for organic, since I only buy organic milk and other dairy products.

Today in Fresh Market they had "Organic Valley" but too expensive. It was $7 for one of the small tubs! There was another organic brand on sale for $2 less I wanted but shelf was cleaned out of them. It's on sale until 7/4, so I'll check again. Sorry, don't know what name it was but if I find it next time, I'll post it here.

I've always eaten cottage cheese...I like it on toast in the morning, or on crackers as an afternoon snack, or sometimes with fruit. But I guess it's "having a moment" now from everything I keep hearing on social media etc.

**update, though not organic, Daisy is very good tasting too.

Respected Contributor

Breakstone!

Trusted Contributor

00044100102011--1304803870-en-US-0_s500.jpg

Honored Contributor

I buy name brands and store brands...whatever is on sale.  It must be full fat, large curd.  I like it dry and not runny.

If the store has it already mixed with pinapple, I'll buy that.

I like Ricotta cheese much better..full fat and delicious.

Honored Contributor

Breakstone large curd.  

Respected Contributor

I wish I liked it.  My parents always ate it.  I tried it again a 

few years ago - still hate it.

Honored Contributor

My mother always got Nordica which is the one I like best but I haven't seen it.Though just read that Trader Joes sells it! The curds are very small and it is not liquidy.

My aunt used to eat cottage cheese all the time every day. She now tries to eat different thingsWoman LOL

We are a lot alike. If I like something I can eat that every day and more than anything else. We always say if I like something why should I eat something else lolSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Lactaid because is the only one I can eat.  I love it with canned peaches.  Probably reflects my age!Woman Very Happy

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Esteemed Contributor

Members Mark, the brand sold at Sams Club. I love cottage cheese! It makes a great dip for Atkins nacho flavored protein chips.....and keeps everything low carb.

Trusted Contributor

Breakstone or Penn Maid for me. 

And I am another Philly area poster who has never seen Philadelphia brand cottage cheese. 🤔