Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a fabulous banana bread recipe?

@Sooner wrote:

@Nightowlz  Thanks and wow what a great collection of recipes we have here!  I just made one in my little 1-pound Zojirushi bread machine.  It was easy and turned out great.  I had never tried this before:

2 large eggs lightly beaten

1/4 cup milk

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

3 tsp (which is 1TBSP) baking powder

1/3 cup melted butter

1/2 cup suagr

1/3 cup mashed banana

1/3 cup sour cream

1 tsp vanilla extract

when beep sounds add 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped.

Put in Zojirushi mini breadmachine in order listed, use cake course to mix and bake.  

I used less sugar and it was good.  VERY good. Wish I had tried this a long time ago!  But I am very thankful for all of the good recipes above! Tried and true all of them!!

@Sooner Thx for sharing I will have to give it a try. I have never made banana bread in the bread machine before.

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

Nightowiz, David Venable said to put the banans in the oven on 325 for just until the bananas are soft. Sound workable , and a safer way to get to bake faster when we want to.I am going with His way for me. Mine always get really sickning if I wait for them.

@BeccaLou I just did 350° for 20 mins which is what Meredith stated in her video for her banana bread. It worked out. Thought it added more flavor doing this. I just pinched the end of the banana & it came right out with the liquid.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz  Ours makes great quick breads on the cake setting

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for posting my friend Donnas recipe for her banana bread. It is so good. It can be baked in a bundt pan for about 50 - 55 minutes. I baked it on the lowest rack of the oven.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz 

That is the Banana Bread recipe I use from "TiesThatBind" since 2009, I think of her everytime I make it, she was the sweetest lady and her recipes pretty much created this qvc recipe forum.  One day she just stopped posting, we never knew if she fell ill or what happened to her.  I still miss her and her awesome recipes. 

Thank you Ties for all your amazing recipes, you helped to make me a better cook!

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Respected Contributor

@Sooner , I know this is an older thread, but back when you'd asked this question, I was so happy. I too was looking for a great banana bread recipe, and guess what? I found it here, so TYVM!

I use @luvsbulldogs recipe (from the Neeley's), & the idea for a 'topping' from @NJgirl 1205 .

I've found that I like it much better when the batter is divided into 2 loaf pans, not just one. (I've made it 3 times!)

For a topping, I use approx. 1/3 C chopped nuts, cinnamon, & 1/3 C sugars; a mixture of dark brown, white & Turbinado. The Turbinado adds a lovely, sugary crunch.

Thanks again, @Sooner, & also thanks much to @luvsbulldogs & @NJgirl 1205 !  Smiley Happy

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@sabatini   As usual, several heads ae better than one!  LOL!!!  Glad we helped! 

Esteemed Contributor

I've now made banana bread two weekends in a row—once last weekend when it was actually National Banana Bread Day, and again today since there was such a demand at the office for last week's batch. I can smell the loaves cooling now...  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner 

Here is another banana bread recipe I found online. I have been using it since. We really like it. You can make muffins or bread with it. It's good either way. I use 4 bananas if they are smaller & 3 if they are larger.

Easy Banana Nut Muffins

Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 20 mins Total Time 30 mins

These soft, moist, easy banana nut muffins are loaded with banana flavor and studded with walnuts for a little crunch.  No need for a mixer - just use one bowl and stir everything together with a wooden spoon!

• 3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar (used half white half brown sugar)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts, plus extra for topping if desired

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin by lightly greasing the cups or lining them with paper liners.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and mashed bananas and stir with a large wooden spoon.
  3. Stir in the sugar, egg, and vanilla, then sprinkle the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt over the banana batter and give it another stir to combine.
  4. Add the flour and nuts last and stir just until no streaks of flour remain.
  5. Evenly divide the batter among the cups of a lightly greased muffin tin. If you want, sprinkle the top of each muffin with a few additional chopped walnuts or turbinado sugar before baking.
  6. Bake for 20-24 minutes, until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the middle of one of the muffins comes out clean.

Recipe Notes

If you want to make a loaf of banana bread instead of muffins, just pour all of the batter into a lightly greased loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a sharp knife inserted near the center of the loaf comes out clean.

I butter the pan & dust with cinnamon sugar.

YUM!!! Enjoy!!!  Now I need to make some. LOL!!!

muffins.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz   THANK YOU!  I cannot tell you how much my husband will love these.  Especially since he can grab one and go!  I will be making these very soon!