Respected Contributor

Re: Do you find your immersion blender to be an indispensable tool?

I use mine for soups. I like the fact I dont have to transfer things and can just use it in the same pot. I wouldnt give mine up. I do wish the bottom was a little different on mine but it will do. I have the cuisinart as well. I rinse off the bottom when done so things dont get dried on and then wash it.

Contributor

I used mine some and made soups, etc. Then my daughter had her first child and I loaned it to her because she wanted to make her own baby food. She depended on it. I was about to snag it when she became pregnant again and I just recently took possession. She found it invaluable for making fruits, veggies, etc. for the young ones.

Honored Contributor

I've had mine a couple of weeks now. I used it to make a small amount of whipped cream for DH's dessert the other night. So fast and easy and the fact that you can just pop it into the dishwasher is great! I'm making a vanilla pudding pie today. I'm going to use it for the pudding. I think I'll find more and more uses for it as time goes by.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

YES! I love my immersion blender and I don't know how I ever got along without it. You do need to practice a little to get the hang of it. The first time I used it, I mean to just "stir up" some chopped chicken to make into chicken salad. I overdid it and ended up liquefying the meat--it was pretty nasty.

So practice and have fun!

Honored Contributor

I had a little battery operated one years ago ..... anyone want to recommend a brand?

I'm thinking I should get one .... I used it all the time when I had one.