Super Contributor

Re: Do you find your immersion blender to be an indispensable tool?

When I'm really lazy, I stick my immersion blender directly in a can (or ball jar) of tomatoes before I make sauce. It purées them in a snap, and I don't have to wash anything.

Frequent Contributor

use it all the time mostly to puree canned plum tomatos..and to make hot cocoa in the winter..i love mine and it is not cordless..

Honored Contributor

One of the best little appliances around. Why go to the trouble of transferring from a pot to a blender when you can take the blender to the pot? Why mess with a large blender just to emulsify or puree a small amount in the little container that comes with it?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Immersion blenders aren't that expensive. I mean you can buy an expensive one but I bought a Cuisinart stick immersion blender for less than $35! Sur La Table!

I love it! Use it all the time for soups, pesto. So much more convenient & easier than using a blender.

Super Contributor

Okay! Okay! I'm sold!

I chose this one from Cuisinart and still have money left over for this tea kettle that I wanted.

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure I understand what this is .... do you have an item number?

Super Contributor

On 5/10/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

I'm not sure I understand what this is .... do you have an item number?

You should be able to click on my link and it will take you to it.

Super Contributor

I have a Cuisinart very similar to the one you posted, LOVE it! As others stated I use it to purée my tomatoes right in the can. I also use it for milkshakes a LOT. It's one of my favorite kitchen gadgets/appliances.
Honored Contributor

On 5/10/2014 suzyQ3 said:

One of the best little appliances around. Why go to the trouble of transferring from a pot to a blender when you can take the blender to the pot? Why mess with a large blender just to emulsify or puree a small amount in the little container that comes with it?

I find the blender easier to clean and use than the handheld. Also, the blender is on the countertop and the hand held is in a drawer. The VitaMix is plugged in and ready to rip. Spray some hot water in to clean up, swipe with a cloth and plop it back on the base! No opening the drawer, and winding up the cord to put it back.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

DH got me one for Christmas and I actually use it. Didn't know if I would, but like others for soups, sauces, dressing, to emulsify anything. Mine came with a whisk attachment which I'm finding very useful, as I have CRPS in my right wrist and hand, which included acute onset of arthritis, and am unable to whisk like I used to. Comes in very handy.