Honored Contributor

Re: Do you ever get groceries at Aldi's?

@Nightowlz

yes, A LOT of choices fortunately!

all of these are so close by in addition to aldis.......safeway, giant, wegmans, fresh market, sprouts, plus a few small locally owned grocery stores.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I go to Aldi every few months .

They are good for organic , produce , prices are a lot cheaper than others .

The chocolate is very high end and is made in Europe .

The cheese  section is large .

Every time I shop there I have a cart full and it is at least $50 less than Target .

Over the years I have a glass cake stand tthat was only$8 and last time I went I got a set of baking trays for $6 

Also because the store is small I can be in and out in a jiffy .

Trusted Contributor

I like Aldi's Brioche rolls in their bread isle, they are a pack of 4 and are so delicious.

Valued Contributor

Love Aldi.  You can save a lot of money there.  You can't buy everything.  I go every few weeks.  Make sure you bring a quarter and bags. 

Contributor

What does skevy mean?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sis Phillips wrote:

What does skevy mean?

skeevy

according to word web it means foul ,repulsive , and rundown . Not something I have found to be true of any Aldi's I have been to 

Honored Contributor

Oh yeah!!! #1 place for my family to shop now. It's rare we step foot in a "traditional" grocery store. The savings of my food bill with Aldi's vs all the other stores has been shocking...I mean...SHOCKING.

Cheapest spaghetti around me is $1.05 for generic Walmart. At Aldi's it's .35 cents and it tastes great.

Respected Contributor

Oh I love the Aldi nearest to me!  It is a newer building and had a new addition added with a remodel just this year.  My store is immaculate and kept as neat as a pin.  They get fresh produce daily and offer many organic options.  

I love their cheeses, chocolates and bakery options.  They are starting to get some items that I had only previously found at Trader Joe’s.  Today I found Chocolate Babka and Racine Kringles!  

Last month I got got the Wine Advent Calendar, the Cheese Advent Calendar and the Chocolate Advent Calendar.  Fun to try different wine and cheese and chocolates!

I get there at least once a week and I love that they have new items every week!  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Oh yeah!!! #1 place for my family to shop now. It's rare we step foot in a "traditional" grocery store. The savings of my food bill with Aldi's vs all the other stores has been shocking...I mean...SHOCKING.

Cheapest spaghetti around me is $1.05 for generic Walmart. At Aldi's it's .35 cents and it tastes great.

It's the same for us too, where we live.

They have the best prices out of all of the supermarkets in our area. We shop there just about every week. Sometimes we stock up so that we don't have to go every week.

What we can't get at Aldi's, we either get at another local supermarket, or at Walmart. These stores have the next best prices, usually.

I like the selection of products at Aldi's. They get some different items in when they get their specialty items in stock. 

Their store brand products are made by major manufacturers, just like other store-brand items are. I like saving money by buying store brands when I shop. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Personally, I enjoy shopping at Aldis stores. There are a few in our area and levels of cleanliness varies , so it probably depends upon the store manager. I have a favorite from the 3 stores in my area and always go to that one now.