Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you ever get groceries at Aldi's?

It's really silly (of me), but that .25 cent cart situation irritates me.

I also stopped by for bananas one day. They had run out.

Respected Contributor

@software

DH does most of the grocery shopping...he enjoys it and usually comes out with bags !

He would totally agree with you about the quality of their produce...here in the NE as well as in FL.

The only thing I ever got at Aldi’s:  large European dark chocolate bars with different flavors...about $1 / bar.  Had forgotten where I placed one and months later found and enjoyed it !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I've  never paid for a cart at Aldi's.

Someone always give me one in the parking lot & I give it away to someone else when I'm finished.   I shop mostly during the day

Esteemed Contributor

I don't shop at Aldi's every week, but I do go there every few months and love their products and prices. Their canned products, especially tomatoes and beans (black, northern, pinto) are excellent and much less expensive than even Walmart. I like their frozen dessert products, breads, eggs, cheese, and frozen snack items. And of course those weekly specials like candle holders, cookware, etc - you never know what they'll have. I sometimes get worn out walking so much through Walmart, Sams and local big grocery chains - Aldi's is smaller and easier to shop. You don't have to make it a weekly destination, but it sure pays to shop there once in awhile!

Honored Contributor

The thing I buy frequently are their Elevation bars (like a Kind bar). I'll have one with a cup of tea in the mid-morning.

Trusted Contributor

I use to go more often but haven been there in many months.  They updated our store during the summer for a few months.

Their spiral ham is one of the best (not very salty & we purchase once/twice a year.)  Also, like their center cut pork chops.  Haven't purchased any other meats though.  It can be hit/miss on what you're looking for.  Didn't usually purchase their fruits or veggies.  Mostly can, paper products.  Overall, pretty pleased with what was bought.

Respected Contributor

I love trying different German cookies and chocolates there.  They seem to have more now that the holidays are approaching.

Also, I just noticed that they have several varieties of cookies identical to the ones that the Girl Scouts sell and they are considerably cheaper; i.e., Thin Mints, Samoas, the peanut butter ones that are covered in chocolate, etc.  They must come from the same baker, as I can’t tell the difference and they are half the GS cookie price.

It took me awhile to get into Aldi’s, but now I’m a regular customer.  I have many favorite items and love trying new ones.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

I buy some things at Aldi's. Our Aldi's is petty nice. They just remodeled it too make it larger.

I like their chocolates, butter lettuce, brioche bread when we don't feel like making bread, nuts, cheeses, kerrygold butter, uncured ham, some organic products etc.

We buy most of our meat at the meat market. The quality is better then what they have in the grocery store. We also buy some grass fed beef. The sausage from there is so good with hardly any fat in it. It does not look like sausage from the grocery store.

I don't buy much canned or boxed stuff. I prefer fresh next frozen.

Frequent Contributor

I go to Aldi's frequently for almond milk, sour cream, cheeze, eggs, and ground turkey meat. I also love their dark chocolote bars and 12 grain bread. 

Respected Contributor

I love Aldi and get most of my staple grocery items there. They generally have the best prices on milk, eggs, orange juice, coffee creamer, packaged cheese, butter, and snack foods (I feed a teenage boy).