Occasional Contributor

Re: Do you do Breakfast for Dinner?? What do you eat??

Last night my kids wanted pancakes and breakfast sausage for dinner.
Respected Contributor

We occasionally do eggs benedict, corned beef hash and fried eggs, pancakes and sausage for dinner.

But then I'm the one who eats cold pizza for breakfast and my all time favorite: cold bread stuffing the morning after Thanksgiving, with a piece of pumpkin pie for breakfast dessert! {#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Denise
Super Contributor

Yes, love a good breakfast menu for supper. .........Also good for a meal after the late movies........
Respected Contributor

Well, not so much. I really don't even like breakfast for breakfast. Weird, I know. I've just never been a fan of your typical breakfast foods.....came out of the womb that way. Ha!

Honored Contributor

Sometimes a bowl of cold cereal is just right. Other times waffles or French toast. Rarely pancakes. I can eat bacon 24/7. I often make myself scrambled eggs & toast if I'm under the weather.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Last night I had sautéed mushrooms and spinach with an over easy egg (or poached egg) over the top as the ""sauce"".

Honored Contributor

Love it! We do this every Sunday night. For DH and me, it's usually spinach/swiss/mushroom omelets. If I'm in the mood I make home fries. Last week we had a couple of extra people. I sauteed some onions, green and red peppers, threw in a bag of tater tots.. then plopped it all into a baking dish with some cheddar cheese sprinkled on top and baked it. Everyone loved it and it was so easy!

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

Love omellettes for supper with peppers, onions and cheese topped with mild salsa. Sausage and homefries(I make my own) very crispy, sometimes I add more onion to these. Usually serve english muffins with this. I'm not in the mood to cook this much for breakfast.

Super Contributor

We just had fried eggs with toast and bacon. I cooked the bacon outside on the grill in my cast iron skillet. My husband did the eggs inside. Great dinner tonight!

Trusted Contributor

I often have a mix of frozen hash browns cooked in some butter until they're a little crunchy, then add some cheese and eggs and mix it all together in one pan until the eggs are cooked. Yum!