Respected Contributor

Re: Do you Like, Love or HATE OLIVES?

Love olives. So far every olive I have tried I have liked.

Honored Contributor

I love olives, especially the black ones in olive oil.

Green ones are good too, but sometimes they are too salty. I am not a fan of salty anything.  

I have two cute olive serving boats.  They hold  olives single spaced.  At holiday dinners, I serve alternating red and green olives.  I have to keep refilling the dishes.  Everyone loves olives at my house.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9  We always get our olives at Claudio's House of Cheese, but I have not been down since the lockdown. They used to be displayed in an olive bar type display. I wonder how it's going to be the next time we go. I think they now call themselves "King" of cheese??

Honored Contributor

I hate olives! Always have, and do not use olive oil.
Esteemed Contributor

Both hubby and I Love olives! All olives....black, green, Greek, inexpensive and the pricier ones! And then there's the martini-soaked olives!! Couldn't get much better than that!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yucky to me, though I can use extra virgin olive oil.

Trusted Contributor

The black ones are OK; since I realized the calories mostly quit eating them.  Of course I do use olive oil.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Super Contributor

I Re: Do you Like, Love or HATE OLIVES?

I like them, don't love them. But I LOVE olive loaf lol! Go figure! And my market doesn't have it any longer. I have no idea why. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I Re: Do you Like, Love or HATE OLIVES?

Wow I had no idea I had so many of my olive-loving friends out there!  

It seems like few are neutral about olives.  Right now I'm out of the big sort of purplish Green ones I love so much but if there is an olive bar still functioning, I'm avoiding it for the mean time!

I am going to start looking around for good alternatives in a jar or can!  

Happy olive hunting out there!  Especially with some good cheese!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@haddon9  We always get our olives at Claudio's House of Cheese, but I have not been down since the lockdown. They used to be displayed in an olive bar type display. I wonder how it's going to be the next time we go. I think they now call themselves "King" of cheese??

@PA Mom-mom I really don't know the names of the shops since it's been so many years since I've been there....I've been meaning to go again with my kids (before the Pandemic).  As I mentioned DD is in S Philly and not far from the market. 

ETA:  

I just looked up Claudio's and DD is within walking distance of her new place that she's moving to this weekend!....small world!