Honored Contributor

Do you Like, Love or HATE OLIVES?

I LOVE olives!  I am not sure I have ever met more than a couple I didn't like.

Plain old green olives from the grocery store to fancy ones in all colors, I love olives!

If you love them, do you have favorites?  I like those little black ones and the Greek ones best! 

Valued Contributor

Re: Do you Like, Love or HATE OLIVES?

I love the marinated olives from the olive bar at the store. If I'm feeling up to it, I purchase the olives in the jar and and then marinate it with olive oil, lemon juice and herbs.  I usually use a mix of different olives. I do not like the black olives in a can. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner  LOVE! In the Italian Market in Philly, they have a Spring Mix and also a Greek Mix. I think the Spring Mix is my favorite. It's got large green, Kalamata and several others. Yummy! I guess plain black olives in the can are my least favorite. They have no taste. However, I won't turn them down. Hahahaha!

Frequent Contributor

I am a big olive fan too!  The collosal black and the big stuffed ones that go into martinis are my favorites.I skip the booze and go straight for the olives.

Honored Contributor

Haven't met an olive I didn't like!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Sooner  LOVE! In the Italian Market in Philly, they have a Spring Mix and also a Greek Mix. I think the Spring Mix is my favorite. It's got large green, Kalamata and several others. Yummy! I guess plain black olives in the can are my least favorite. They have no taste. However, I won't turn them down. Hahahaha!

@PA Mom-mom It's been ages since I've been there!  My DD lives in South Philly and I'll have to get her to go  and get some olives for me.....maybe for the holidays! Smiley Happy

I LOVE olives....really like the mixes too!

Honored Contributor

absolutely HATE olives , but will use olive oil.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Put me in the hate column. 

Honored Contributor

Love all olives. Any kind.

Honored Contributor

Love the pimento stuffed green, but my fave are the black ones. Pitted, of course.