Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Use Milk Frothers Often?

@Sooner wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Sooner    We have an espresso machine and frother from Nespresso and use them often.  We use the machine and the frother to make cappuccino.  The cappuccino we make comes the closest to what we find in Italy.  Certainly better than any cappuccino from Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks.   Even many Italian restaurants don't make cappuccino this good.  

@Boehm Collector We love ours too--and I don't even like coffee.  I love espesso, and like iced milky crinks and cappuccino though.

I think the foam is better with Fairlife milk. It seems to froth higher and silkier than some "regular" ones.  But it's all gd!  

@Sooner .. I'll have to look for Fairlife milk the next time I go to the supermarket.  Thanks for the tip.

Honored Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch @May I ask how much MCT oil you put in a cup of coffee? I bought some, but I think I may have added too much. I understand the benefit of adding it and it was pricey so I'm not quite ready to give up on it....Thanks, in advance 

@Goldengate8361 MCT Oil is really good for your brain.  I use a Tablespoon in that first mug of coffee, but once in a while I may have a little more at some point in the day, if my fat requirement is short and I need to add some,  it's definitely something you need to ease into or you'll likely end up with some tummy distress and "plumbing issues".  When you're ready to resume, start it with a small amount, maybe a half teaspoon or so.  Do that for several days and bump it up to a full teaspoon.  Bump again some days later, and so on, as you're able to tolerate it, until you can handle the full Tablespoon.  In the beginning, I stayed home while my body was adjusting, but eventually it was no longer an issue. 

may I ask, what is MCT oil?    HLP

@HLP  It stands for Medium Chain Triglycerides oil.

Respected Contributor

When the milk froth function on my Saeco machine stopped working I've used the frother that came with the Nespresso machine which is satisfactory IF watched closely.  I stop it before it turns the milk into a thick undrinkable glop of foam.  It has to be pourable.  I don't mind a little bit of foam at the end but not much.

I watch with the lid off, keep testing the temp with my finger to know that when it is getting hot and having a little body to it, it's time to stop.  It can go from perfect to awful in a flash.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Sooner    We have an espresso machine and frother from Nespresso and use them often.  We use the machine and the frother to make cappuccino.  The cappuccino we make comes the closest to what we find in Italy.  Certainly better than any cappuccino from Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks.   Even many Italian restaurants don't make cappuccino this good.  

@Boehm Collector We love ours too--and I don't even like coffee.  I love espesso, and like iced milky crinks and cappuccino though.

I think the foam is better with Fairlife milk. It seems to froth higher and silkier than some "regular" ones.  But it's all gd!  

@Sooner .. I'll have to look for Fairlife milk the next time I go to the supermarket.  Thanks for the tip.

@Boehm Collector I started buying it because I love home made yogurt.  With the ultra pasturized milks like it you don't have to heat it to 180 and let it cool--so I can just microwave it to 120, let it cool to 115 and put the starter in.  It is so much quicker and easier.

Plus, it tastes good!  

Frequent Contributor

I have a dumb question to ask. Do you have to drink cold brew coffee cold, over ice, or can you drink it hot? How much do you dilute the cold brew for a cup of hot coffee? TIA

Honored Contributor

@Mardie wrote:

I have a dumb question to ask. Do you have to drink cold brew coffee cold, over ice, or can you drink it hot? How much do you dilute the cold brew for a cup of hot coffee? TIA

When I make cold brew, there's no diluting.  I pour it in my glass over ice, add my HWC and sweetener.  There are some shelf stable cold brew concentrates at various stores that may get diluted, but you would have to check out the package instructions. I believe the refrigerated cold brews in stores are pour and drink.  But again, you'd have to read the package instructions.  

One of the nice things about cold brew is that it's less acidic than hot brewed.  I don't see why you couldn't warm it up in the microwave.

Trusted Contributor

I recently got the Nespresso Aeroccino 4 and may return it.  I can't get it to produce much foam having tried all kinds of single and combinations of things. I've used whole milk, whipping cream and almond milk which are the only types of "creamer" I would use for my coffee.  Even the cold foam didn't produce as much foam as I would have liked.  

Honored Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

I recently got the Nespresso Aeroccino 4 and may return it.  I can't get it to produce much foam having tried all kinds of single and combinations of things. I've used whole milk, whipping cream and almond milk which are the only types of "creamer" I would use for my coffee.  Even the cold foam didn't produce as much foam as I would have liked.  

@soonersis Try Whole Fairlife milk or their 2 percent.  It works great in mine and some milks don't, especially if they aren't freshley opened. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am from Italy and I go back once or twice a year. Italians love to meet friends at a coffe bar and they sit down sipping delicious cappuccino or macchiato, which is a smaller cappuccino.

I have a Nespresso machine and I had the Nespresso Aeroccino. It worked perfeclty. Now I buy eletric frothers at Amazon or HSn . I used organic chocolate milk with my espresso. Now I use organic milk with Chiokkino powder from Live Better. It has minerals and other healthy ingredients.