Honored Contributor

Yes love real butter!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

Yes, I use butter.

Valued Contributor

Speaking of Butter...

Does anyone else notice how the "TV Chefs" recommend using Unsalted Butter, then they proceed to add salt to the recipe?

I've never understood that.

I always use Salted Butter, and just leave the "extra" salt out of my recipes. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@LavernLuvsShoes - The purpose of this practice is to control the amount of salt that is added to a recipe, which is especially important in baking where salt enhances flavor but saltiness is not desirable. I have used the same lightly salted butter for years, so I know exactly the results to expect when baking with it and know that I can use it in any recipe and typically not add more salt if it is called for; that's really the key. I'll never forget the time years ago when I saw a deal on another brand of salted butter, stocked up, and used it in a baking recipe without thinking much about it—and had to throw the entire pan of treats into the trash because they were so salty!

Trusted Contributor

Always.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Valued Contributor

Do I use butter? LOL. I'm French so yes we use only butter. Unless it's very hot out I leave it out, otherwise it stays in the fridge and take it out maybe a half hour before eating. I don't like too soft butter. Veggies are so much better with butter. My mother ate a pound of butter every week by herself and lived to be 93. I'm 81 so here's hoping. 

Respected Contributor

We use real butter all the time.cooking and baking.

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely! Every morning I have a Thomas' Cinnamon Raisin Bagel and soft Kerry Butter. No weight gain and cholesterol related numbers are fine. I don't have much of an appetite, so the carbs I get, I need, and of course also need some fat. It works for me.

HeartCat Very HappyCat Very HappyCat Very HappyHeart

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Valued Contributor

Do I use butter? Absolutely. I haven't purchased margarine in at least 50 years. Why would I use margarine when butter tastes so much better?

Honored Contributor

I got some KerryGold butter this week at the store. It is the Best

tasting butter ever!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller