Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Still Use A CROCKPOT / Slow Cooker, and why?😊

Yes I do. I have found that corned beef is best in the crockpot cooked low and slow.  Also in the winter I make chili and pot roast in the crockpot. I still have the little original cook book that came with my first crockpot that i had in the mid 70's. There are some good recipes in this book. One i haven't made in probably 30 years was Spanish chicken. All I can remember is that it called for one small jar of green olives, chicken breasts, peppers and onions and tomatoes.

Honored Contributor

Yes .... I like dump dinners and dump cakes.  Put everything in the pot ... come back several hours later .... all done.

Honored Contributor

@Happy2BHere wrote:

Oh yes, love, love, love my crockpot and use it all the time. Actually mine is now a Ninja multicooker that has slow cook choices. It also has a non-stick interior so clean up is super easy, much easier than fritzing with cleaning the heavy crock in my last crockpot. The Ninja looks like this (8.5 qt):

Screenshot 2024-06-17 180825.png

I agree with everyone who says the delicious smells that waft through the house will make you drool. HOWEVER when I make pork and sauerkraut I do plug in and cook that outside on the balcony LOL Woman LOL

(If anyone likes recipes I recommend a website called 365DaysofCrockpot dot com for recipes for slow cooking and pressure cooking).

@Happy2BHere Welcome!🥰 I LOVE❤ that Ninja and have seen it presented or one similar before! I  think your family appreciates you cooking the pork and sauerkraut on the balcony also!😂 

THANK you SO much for caring to sharing how you use yours and the website!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE🤗

Honored Contributor

@KingstonMom wrote:

Sure do! It's an easy way of cooking, especially when it's 90 degrees here.

@KingstonMom You too, make an EXCELLENT point about how useful, and easy it is to keep the kitchen from overheating!😁

THANK you SO much for caring to share today!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE🤗

Honored Contributor

Yes, use mine about four times a month. Doesn't heat up the house, like a oven does. My Ninja (slow cooker/oven combo) has an insert baking pan, and I just made an excellent meat loaf in it.

Honored Contributor

@Jo1313 wrote:

Never had or wanted either..never wanted an air fryer either.

@Jo1313 Welcome!🥰 That is completely understandable!😄 Not everyone uses these type of appliances, still preferring to use traditional pots, pans, and appliances!😁

~~~All we need is LOVE🤗

Honored Contributor

I usually use my crock pot at home when we have a crowd to keep food warm...like sloppy joes, sausage and sauerkraut, sausage and peppers, scalloped potatoes, etc.  I don't actually cook anything in it.

I also have one at our summer place.  We often get up early and go boating all day.  We get off of the lake around 6 pm.

I use my crock pot outside on my deck to cook dinner all day to make it easy when we get back.  

I use it with a little water on the bottom to cook racks of ribs wrapped in foil.  They're really good cooked that way.  I just sauce them up and put them on the grill for about 10 minutes to finish them off.  They are so tender and delicious.

I cook roasts and chicken with potatoes and veggies too.

It's comes in handy in the summertime and for parties.

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles  Yes, from days when we worked we love appliances!  Now that we are retired we love them more because we don't have to stand around in the kitchen and "watch pot!" We maybe use the Zojirushi rice cooker most.

I had several stovetop pressure cookers along the way, I'm old, but the best and only one we loved is this Fissler brand!  

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

Yes I do. I have found that corned beef is best in the crockpot cooked low and slow.  Also in the winter I make chili and pot roast in the crockpot. I still have the little original cook book that came with my first crockpot that i had in the mid 70's. There are some good recipes in this book. One i haven't made in probably 30 years was Spanish chicken. All I can remember is that it called for one small jar of green olives, chicken breasts, peppers and onions and tomatoes.

@50Mickey WOW! My dear mother would make corned beef and cabbage, but she did not use her crock pot.❤ I am certain the recipes from your 30 plus year old cookbook were delicious because companies were not concerned necessarily about the food being healthy as cookbooks are now!😂 I can imagine the chicken dish was delicious with the peppers, onions and tomatoes!😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE🤗

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Yes .... I like dump dinners and dump cakes.  Put everything in the pot ... come back several hours later .... all done.

@ALRATIBA Welcome!🥰 I LOVE❤ your post! Consumers LOVE❤ convenience, and set it and forget it for easy cooking of dump cakes and dinners makes it easy to have that!😁

~~~All we need is LOVE🤗