Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Serve A Green Vegetable Every Evening?

@daisyk wrote:

@Carmie , just wondering how you fit the veggies in with breakfast. I'm always looking for ideas-Smiley Happy

Spinach and tomato is a good option to add to scrambled eggs.  

Esteemed Contributor

We have a salad with dinner nearly every night.

Esteemed Contributor

Veggies every evening.......all colors!!

Honored Contributor

Tonight I sliced some carrots as our vegetable. 

Respected Contributor

To me - yes I do, usually arugula/baby spinach/kale either melted down and spritzed with lemon - or mixed together raw as a salad supporting the protein of choice.

My husband isn't a veggie lover and it shows.

Honored Contributor

The vegetables all taste like WEEDS lately, probably because of the widespread drought out West.   I'll opt for a vitamin.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

No.    No matter who cooks I often have vegetables I like or eat but SO wants  only canned vegetables occasionally and won't eat what he doesn't want.  It would just result in wasting them and how can anyone force feed vegetables??  With meat meals we do because it goes with the meal but for some things vegetables don't go with the meal.  I have never known anyone who does this always.  When they show families on tv eating at family gatherings there always seem to be salads and vegetables and I have never seen salads/vegetables go over that well in real life.  Maybe a vegetable platter appetizer with dip but often that goes virtually untouched.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pook -

Last night as we ate some great take out stuff we were all saying how there is something about canned vegetables, the kind a lot of us ate when we were growing up, that is just so comforting.

And no matter how many, fresh, grilled, roasted vegetables we make, there is always that great remembered canned taste lol!

So true!

And, @ECBG 

neither of my sil's would eat any vegetables (french fries not included!) until they got married and  they were slowly introduced and encouraged!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

DH is not too keen on green vegetables with the exception of green beans, which are my least favorite.  I only like fresh ones!  However, I usually have a small salad with my evening meal.  He just can't be persuaded no matter what!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

We don't eat an evening meal very often unless it's in a restaurant. We usually have lunch which sometimes is a traditional meal which sometimes will contain a veggie and other times not. Dinner is usually a snack. When I cook I make enough for a couple of days.  Other days we just eat whatever for our meals. We are not formal meal types. There are days when we just grab a TV dinner or something. I'm not one to cook everyday nor does my husband expect me to. If he wants a veggie or salad he's perfectly capable of making it himself. He doesn't need to wait for a meal.