Honored Contributor

I do!  I love the big liter ones to make yogurt, I love the carafes to store tea, I use others to keep tea bags in, and put things in the fridge, and lots of things.Heart

Which ones do you love?  Any good ideas for using different sizes and lid types?  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

Are they like canning jars?  

Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Never heard of them till now.  They are attractive but I have no need of them.

Honored Contributor

They are sort of like canning jars, but many more shapes and more attractive I think.  They have a glass lid with a rubber gasket and metal snaps that is sort of fussy but sometimes just the right thing.They also have plastic lids and bamboo type lids.  

I am especially fond of the ones that have straight sides, no shouldehers like the Ball jars.  They look good, are easier to get stuff out of and to wipe out.  

I am a huge fan of storing things in glass, so this gives me lots of options.  Amazon has a great selection.  They are the best to make yogurt in!  And some use them for sourdough. 

Honored Contributor

I have several.  Currently they're being stored in the basement.

I use them to store and take pickled red beet eggs to potlucks, or to store food items on my counter or fridge  for short term usage.

They are nice.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

Where do you buy them?   I've never seen them in a store.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Love Weck Jars?

[ Edited ]

This is the first I've heard of this type of jar, but last summer, I fell in love with the
handy and adorable Kilner fruit jars and bought a bunch at a nice price from everythingkitchens.com—they're great for storage and little gifts:

Kilner 13.5oz Fruit Jars (Set of 3) | Strawberry, Orange & Berry

ETA: They also had tomato jars that I've been using for homemade salsa, but it looks like they're currently out of stock:

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Sooner 

Where do you buy them?   I've never seen them in a store.

@Tinkrbl44 I buy from Amazon.  They have an amazing variety of shapes and sizes. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes I love all jars, and weck are especially pretty. I have a few of different sizes and use them mostly for short term storage because I don't like fussing with the rubber gaskets.