Valued Contributor

Re: Do You Like "Coated" French Fries?

A big no from me! Our local burger/bar very close to our house recently updated their menu and GRRRR....their perfect fries have now been changed to the nasty coated ones. Needless to say, we won't be back.

Someone who is a little older than me (we're both retired) told me, "we're in their world now."  Meaning young people's world.  Young people seem to love those kind of huge drippy burgers and coated fries.  

I'm very disappointed as I don't eat fries often, but when I do, I want real fries!  

Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I've never seen fries like these before.  They look delicious and I think that I would love them.  I need to stay far, far away!  

Honored Contributor

Would not like those. It's rare that I choose fries as a side, but just the crispy regular ones are what I get.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG If I had a burger and fries I'd be more concerned about fat/grease than empty calories.  But why worry if you are going to be having a burger and fries???  

If I worried about empty calories, which I wouldn't be, I'd have to worry about the Coke I was having with it. . . Woman Very Happy

Contributor

Shouldn't the actual French fries be the concern and not potato starch when you are concerned w/ calories?

Honored Contributor

@davisesq212 wrote:

Shouldn't the actual French fries be the concern and not potato starch when you are concerned w/ calories?

@davisesq212 

No they're drained.

Serving of extra starch with your potato?

Honored Contributor

No to coated fries.  

Honored Contributor

I have gotten those before and I am not a fan!  I don't understand them --- why???  Just give me regular fries - there are certainly enough calories in them just as they are.  And I like them just as they are intended -- not with some added garbage added to them!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG If I had a burger and fries I'd be more concerned about fat/grease than empty calories.  But why worry if you are going to be having a burger and fries???  

If I worried about empty calories, which I wouldn't be, I'd have to worry about the Coke I was having with it. . . Woman Very Happy

@Sooner 

The burger would be grilled.  I'd only eat 5 or 6 fries tops.

Dosen't that picture look like a "grease pit"!??!!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

The burger would be grilled.  I'd only eat 5 or 6 fries tops.

Dosen't that picture look like a "grease pit"!??!!

@ECBG Not the kind of fries that are my favorites, but if you are going to have a burger and fries, go for it and enjoy it.  It's one meal.  

A steak, burger, pizza--all something we don't do every meal.  If you are going to do it, go for it, have what you like, eat it and relish it, or open a can of tuna.

No, if I were going to eat five fries of any kind, I wouldn't order them to begin with.  Or the burger.  To me, it's not worth it. If I have a burger and fries, I just eat our normal lighter meals otherwise. It's just one meal.