Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Like Hot or Spicy Food?

Yes, I love it.  Most, if not all, of the hot sauces sold in grocery stores are not even hot to me but I still buy and use them.  

I ordered wings at Bdubs several years ago and ordered the hottest sauce they had.  They made me sample it first before they would make it.  When they brought it to me, they asked who the crazy person was that ordered wings with their hot sauce.  I was a little offended that somebody would say that to a paying customer for something they serve.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Yes and yes!!! Love both hot and spicy!!

Honored Contributor

Spicy - YES

Hot?  Depends on the "degree of hot."

I like my food highly seasoned.

Respected Contributor

No hot sauce or spicy food for me.  Don't have Texas Pete in the house except when I used it to coat the cable line that our dogs could reach outside my house many years ago.  The coon hound didn't like hot and spicy sauce on her chewies either so she left it alone.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

We like spicy but not too hot. DH and I both used to like our food spicier, but as we've gotten older, we like it toned down some. 

We always have Tapatio hot sauce, and Chalupa (which is pretty mild) in the house. 

Honored Contributor

I don't consider Texas Pete as "hot" sauce.

I love it.  I  know it's marketed as hot sauce but it's not hot to me. I don't care for Tabasco sauce or any of the habanero sauces, etc   I do like flavorful food.   

I like to taste the food I'm eating so a little touch of heat or spice is all I need.

To me, it's more about the vinegar base.    Acid really wakes up the flavor of food.

I also like to use rice wine vinegar in some dishes.

There is such a thing as too much.   I would prefer to season my own food to taste.

To me it's no different than adding salt & pepper.

@ECBG wrote:

@Spacrazy wrote:

Yes, I like it but just on certain things.

@Spacrazy 

Of course, cocktail sauce for shrimp needs a little horse radish.  I have seen people almost drink Texas Pete.  No thanks!

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

YES, I like beads of sweat on my forehead and for my lips to tingle!   However, I like my heat and spice to come from actual pieces of jalapeño and serrano peppers, garlic, onions, etc., not tabasco sauce.   I do choose Taco Bell fire sauce on tacos and burritos.     

Welllll.......hot going in is hot going out for me.   That cured me from eating HOT food!    But I do use Texas Pete.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG   Yes, I love hot & spicy!  I like foods to the extreme.  Hot Italian sausage, etc.  I love sharp cheeses.  I love tart foods, too, as in key lime pies & lemonades & limeades.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Yes I do but not for a chicken sandwich seems to be the rave right now.  For some reason spicy heat on chicken does not appeal to me.  I usually heat up all my meals with different things I have on hand.  I just found the below on Sat. night at Walmart and it is very good.  Unfortunately, does not have the kick I thought it would have, but still good with some spicy chips for dipping.

Heluva Good! Bacon Horseradish Dip, 12 Oz.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

We love Texas Pete in this house!  We have to order it online because it's not sold here, but man I put that stuff on pertnear everything!

A big NO-GO on Tabasco sauce.

@SurferWife I like hot sauce, and I like "pertnear" even better!!!!  Woman Very Happy