Esteemed Contributor

Do You Like Chicken Salad? What Do

you add to your's.  DD got a couple good size chicken breasts at Wegmans yesterday.  This morning she grilled them in the Ninja.

After they cooled, I cut them in bite size pieces, added celery sliced very thin, halved some green grapes and chopped walnuts, salt and pepper.  I then added enough mayo to hold it together but not make it gloopy. 

It hit the spot for lunch. I would have added a little onion but DD thought it would be too much.  It was still good without it.  I think grilling the breasts made it better too.

What do you add to your chicken salad?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Like Chicken Salad? What Do

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Chopped chicken, light mayo, raisins, and a pinch of curry. 

Honored Contributor

I had some a few weeks ago with dried cranberries and walnuts in the salad. I normally wouldn't eat chicken salad as I'm meat fussy, but this was delicious! 

Esteemed Contributor

I love a nice chicken salad!   I usually add some chopped red onion, celery, mayo,salt, pepper and a few dashes of Emerils seasoning (BAM!)  I put that in everything, LOL! 

We generally make sanwiches.

Respected Contributor

I found a recipe on Pinterest that I really like because of the dressing.  It is a combination of mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip), sour cream, lemon juice, mustard and several spices like dill, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder.  The recipe only calls for chicken, celery and onion but I do like grapes and walnuts too. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I make mine exactly like you do, but I sometimes mix dried cranberries with the grapes

For different twist, I might add apples and on occasion pinapple.  I think fruit and nuts makes chicken salad tasty. I don't like onion in my chicken salad, but yes to lots of celery.

Honored Contributor

I just add lots of celery, Mayo, garlic powder, and a touch of curry. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

chicken,  finely chopped fennel bulb , cranberries,  honey yogurt salt, white pepper

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  DH loves Coronation Chicken Salad. It has mango chutney, apricots, tomato puree and red wine. What?? I know, but it's good. I posted the recipe on the Recipe forum a few years ago. DH just asked for it again last week.

Esteemed Contributor

I add low fat Hellman's mayo, chopped onion , chopped celery & pepper. DH & son love it. It's simple yet so tasty.