Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Like Chicken Salad? What Do

Seedless halved grapes, green onion, celery, and sometimes grilled pineapple chunks. I love it served on fresh tomato slices. I usually make a dressing with mayo, sugar and vinegar, but sometimes add a little Ranch dressing to the mayo as well. I like the idea of craisins or dried cranberries that a few have mentioned here. If I add nuts, it's usually cashews.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Same items as you added plus canned cranberry sauce spread on the bread.

Esteemed Contributor

I like it but don't ever make it.  There's a sandwich shop close by that makes it with Pineapple and Cashews and it is soooooo good.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Shredded chicken, celery, onion, mayo, sour cream, a little golden monk fruit, chopped pecans

Trusted Contributor

It's what we're having for dinner tonight!  I use rotisserie chicken, and the 'dressing' is plain greek yogurt, a bit of mayo, lemon juice, salt and pepper.  I really don't measure anything, it's all too taste.  And then I mix in craisins, celery, grapes and toasted pecans.  We usually have it with apple slices and fruit salad.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never liked chicken salad, until 30+ years ago my boss brought to work chicken salad that his wife made for a department party.  It was delicious and I have made it that way ever since for home, parties, funerals, etc., always a hit!  So simple, but, delicious.  

I serve as sandwiches on Hawaiian rolls or in a Hawaiian bread bowl and Hawaiian rolls tore up for dipping

Pineapple chicken salad

4 chicken breast, boiled skinless, boneless 

can of drained pineapple tidbit

Mayo

Chopped Celery 

Diced Onions

salt and pepper

sometimes I add cashews

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoptilyadropagain   That is how I make it... so much flavor!

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

When I make chicken salad, egg salad, tuna salad, salmon salad ....  I like to try different combos of things I love to eat.

I cheat .... I always start with coleslaw .

I add chopped stuff like roasted red peppers, pimentos, various types of olives.  (I have a weakness for Castelvetrano olives.)

Depending on my mood and what's in the cabinet or fridge .... maybe some sweet relish, usually a couple of tablespoons of Marie's Coleslaw Dressing - depending on what the protein is.  Zucchini noodles (zoodles) in summer.  Maybe a can of corn or peas.  

Sometimes, I'll add some pearl (Israeli) couscous.  

Valued Contributor

I use the chopped chicken, green grape halves, sm can of cushed pineapple, (I save the juice to mix with mayo for the dressing), celery and cashews. I do add red onion some times cuz I love them and then I serve it on crisp chinese noodles. Guess I know what's for dinner tonight. Tahn ks for the reminder!

ccokin

Respected Contributor

I love chicken salad with fruit & nuts, and mix the mayo first w/ a sprinkle of curry & a big spoonful of Major Grey's Mango Chutney before stirring it into the mix. Delish!

Muddling through...