Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Ir Your DH Have An Issue With Leftovers?

[ Edited ]

We eat leftovers and enjoy them sometimes more than when they were first cooked.  I  like to avoid serving the same thing two nights in a row,, so will skip a day

Last night, I roasted a pork tenderloin.  Leftover pork will be cubed and added to Zatarain's Jambalaya rice mix for another meal tomorrow.

Rice mixes are  handy ways to use leftover chicken, pork, smoked sausage, or shrimp.   We also enjoy some sort of protein added to yellow rice, rice pilaf, chicken & wild rice or red beans & rice.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am so happy DH doesn't mind eating leftovers...he would gladly eat a leftover  spaghetti with meat sauce everyday for a week if I had that much. I usually make enough for a second meal, depending upon what it is. When the weather finally cools off, I will be making all kinds of soup, which we both enjoy..and we will eat it for a couple meals and I will freeze what is left. So nice to find a freezer bag of homemade soup in the freezer when it is cold outside and you have no idea what to make for lunch or dinner. We both hate to waste food. Big disappointment though...he hates salmon pattys and I love them.

Esteemed Contributor

Well...my hubby told me that he didn't eat leftovers when we were first married....but I have been able to change his opinion on most meals...

Some things are just better the next day I think, like soups.

Esteemed Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'WHEN THIS POT COMESO OUT... YOU KNOW YOU'RE EATING THE EXACT SAME THING FOR THE NEXT 3 DAYS.'

Respected Contributor

We eat leftovers.  Usually a second day, or freeze the rest.  Some things are just better on day two.  Although, I’ve learned to cook for two, without tons of leftovers.  

Most all of my dinners out, also feed us twice.  I sometimes eat my larger meal at lunchtime, and don’t always eat dinner.  

Honored Contributor

My husband had always eaten the night before leftover for his lunch at work the next day.  People would mill around outside his office to see what he was going to have.

He has no problem if I gave him leftovers 4 days in a row.  He loves my cooking.  

I don't eat meat, so if I roast a chicken, he'll gladly eat it until it gone.  But, I may carve meat off for a night or two for his dinner, make a sliced chicken sandwich with lettuce and tomato for his lunch and make soup and freeze that.

My kids weren't finicky about leftovers, but I have 2 daughters in law who won't eat their own leftover food (only if it's takeout from a restaurant), but will ask me if I still have such and such left over from the day before.

So I take that as a compliment.

Me, myself, I love my leftovers.  I always put things in a glass container and reheat in a toaster over, I'm not into microwaves...lol

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like to cook so that we can have leftovers.

My husband has never minded eating them.

I try to make a nice meal that we can both enjoy that will make a large enough amount so that we will get at least two or more meals out of it.

For example, I made a meatloaf that one of our local markets had on special for this past week.

We've been having different sides with it and have made three meals out of it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Me, I can eat reheated vegetables, pastas but no meats or chicken.