Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Have or Have You Ever Had A Granite Ware Roaster?

@SoonerLater That was a one-time deal. It was the only size Butterball they had left. I have gotten a much more sensible 16.8 lb bird that we will cook in our trusty blue and white pan.

(Side note: I really like the wing. I can eat a lot of turkey at one time. One wing was enough for two meals.) We froze a lot of turkey that we enjoyed for weeks.

Regular Contributor

@On It I used to eat a leg, but for some reason they haven't been as good lately.  Maybe turkeys aren't as good.  Who knew?  Wings on chickens are what I always eat--crispy roasted skin!  Yum!!!

Honored Contributor

We had the small oval blue and white speckled roaster.  I did SO many pot roasts and vegetables in that!  Needed more room so I went to corningware.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I own a few in different sizes. 

Respected Contributor

I have several blue granite roasters.  One larger one and then several smaller ones.

This one is my favorite.  A Savory Junior that I got at an estate sale for $.75!!!

It has a double wall bottom.

AB65F6BE-F79B-4AC5-B091-4AFF85642712.jpeg1D752A49-C0C1-4546-8139-34B2FD6839D6.jpeg

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

I inherited one from my Mom. She only cooked turkey in it. And she hated the smell of turkey so I don't remember her cooking turkey except when we were young. So the pan looks brand new. And I know it can easily be 70 years old.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not a roaster but had a water bath canner----and think I had a pasta pot with the insert--one in the dark blue and one in white

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I inherited one from my Mom. She only cooked turkey in it. And she hated the smell of turkey so I don't remember her cooking turkey except when we were young. So the pan looks brand new. And I know it can easily be 70 years old.

@drizzellla I can't sttand the smell of turkey either--and I used to think it smelled good.