Honored Contributor

Do You Have a Panini Maker and Do You Like And Use It?

I have thought about getting one--but I'm not sure how much I would use it.

Could you share your experiences, and give me some thoughts on the different types of machines out there?

THANKS!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Have a Panini Maker and Do You Like And Use It?

[ Edited ]

@Sooner :  I own and use (did this morning) a Breville panini maker).  I used it for hot dogs, burgers, grilled sandwiches and French Toast.

Honored Contributor

@patbz THANKS!  And you have a great name for a product in your post "Not Dogs"!!!!  Veggie hot dogs!  Trademark it quick!!!!  OR are you talking about veggie dogs?  OH I hope not!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know about types; I have two.  One is a George Forman and I can't recall the name of the other.  I've had both for a while, both were gifts.  Hubby makes grilled sandwhiches but I have used them to grill chicken, fish, veggies, even pineapple. French toast!  At one time, I used them a lot.  Two at the same time if we had guests over but I not so much lately.  Only because I don't have much counter space and "out of sight, out of mind".  Appreciate the reminder.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a panini maker and I use it for more than just sandwiches. I use it to grill seafood like jumbo shrimp, scallops, eggplant etc. My daughter uses hers for steak and pork chops because she loves grill marks. I don't use mine regularly however, because I have to pull it out from the garage, and my cast iron grill pan is stored in my oven for easy access. Some panini makers are only designed for sandwiches.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't know about types; I have two.  One is a George Forman and I can't recall the name of the other.  I've had both for a while, both were gifts.  Hubby makes grilled sandwhiches but I have used them to grill chicken, fish, veggies, even pineapple. French toast!  At one time, I used them a lot.  Two at the same time if we had guests over but I not so much lately.  Only because I don't have much counter space and "out of sight, out of mind".  Appreciate the reminder.

GMTA! I type so slowly because of my nails, that by the type I enter my post, someone has entered something similar.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I have a George Foreman grill and I use is as a Panini maker and it works just as good as the"real" thing.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I have a Griddler by Cuisnart that I got at Costco for $35 years ago.  I use it for paninis, to grill prawns, fish, lamb chops, etc.  I have really gotten my money's worth out of it.  

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner  I have a Cuisinart amd use it quite a lot.  Makes a delish sandwich!!!!

Valued Contributor

i have a panini machine. it is the type where the top has a hinge, so that it accommodates  the height of whatever you put on the grill. i have seen some that are more like a waffle maker, where the top isn't adjustable.

i use it to make grill cheese sandwiches, to grill/toast sub rolls for other types of sandwiches, chicken, pork chops, steaks. i like it because you don't have to turn things for both sides to cook and it cuts the cooking time, because of that feature.

i think the key to using it, is to leave it out. like many other appliances, if its in a cabinet, you won't see it and after a while, probably won't remember that you have it.

my kitchen is small, and lacks sufficient counter space, so i bought one of those origami racks from hsn to keep my appliances on, because at least i can see them.