Honored Contributor

Do You Have Wendy's Carolina Classic Hamburger?

Wendy's Carolina Classic.  

This was a popular way to make a hamburger from the 50's (I guess) through the time when the soda fountains became a thing of the past!

A hamburger with chili, slaw, onions, and mustard.  I had my first when I lived for a short time as a newlywed in a small town.  They were fantastic!

I worked at a bank in the summers when I wasn't teaching.  They were amazing!

I remember one of the tellers accidently squirted catsup all over my white sun dress!!!

Please say your state and if you have a Wendys.  Did you get this limited time offer? (OF COURSE they're not exactly like "homemade"!!!).

See the source image

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Have Wendy's Carolina Classic Hamburger?

Just looked at their local menu and don't see it, never heard of it.

Around here you'd have a chili burger, and there would be no slaw.  We don't put slaw on sandwiches in these here parts!  LOL!!!  We put jalapenos!  

Respected Contributor

I don't go to Wendy's because I don't like my meat to be square. And I wouldn't ruin a perfectly good hamburger with chili.

However, I do eat slaw on a pulled pork sandwich.

Trusted Contributor

Not seeing that burger description or name here in the two Wendy's closest to me in Noo Yawk. I'll be on the lookout; it sounds yummy and I'm a fan of Wendy's over any similar fast food chain. 

Honored Contributor

I know of only two Wendy's here and they are in neighboring cities not too far away...they don't have this burger. Years ago Wendy's had a burger for a couple of years with a Texas in the name...maybe these burgers like the OP has shared are just regional.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen this Carolina burger at any of the St. Louis area Wendy's. We generally don't put chili or slaw on our burgers....pulled pork sandwiches with slaw on them is something we see maybe 50% of the time. I think what you have is more of a regional thing.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Just looked at their local menu and don't see it, never heard of it.

Around here you'd have a chili burger, and there would be no slaw.  We don't put slaw on sandwiches in these here parts!  LOL!!!  We put jalapenos!  

@Sooner What state are you please?  I wondered what their service area was.  Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Sounds like a regional thing.  Sorry but it doesn't appeal to me.  Slaw and mustard isnt what I want on a burger.  It is not a combination you see in the northeast.

Esteemed Contributor

I go to them often in VA and they don't have them.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  It's only offered in North and South Carolina according to google. I looked it up because I wanted to tell  my daughter about it. She's a Wendy's lover.