Honored Contributor

Do You Have Baskin Robbins I C At Your Markets?

I SO love Prairies and Cream ice cream. Baskin Robbins has been gone from here for years. Do you have it?
Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Have Baskin Robbins I C At Your Markets?

Oh my gosh!  A few weeks ago I was waiting at a corner for a light to change in a nearby town and I happened to look over at a small strip mall down the street and I thought to myself - is that a Baskin-Robbins sign!?!  So I had to go by it and sure enough a new Baskin-Robbins was opening soon in that strip mall. I was so excited. Pralines & Cream and Jamocha Almond Fudge are my two favorites and I hadn’t had them since another Baskin-Robbins had closed in our area several years ago. It has since opened and of course I’ve stopped a couple times to get my favorite flavors. 

Honored Contributor

yes, we have their ice cream in some of our grocery stores. i am also unfortunately quite close (within 2 miles) to not just one but TWO baskin robbin stores. LOL it is dangerous!

pralines and cream is one of my all time favorites, along with chocolate chip, mint chocolate chip, and rainbow sherbet. i also love plain vanilla. i love a plain vanilla milkshake mixed with peanut butter sauce.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

There's one in our Dunkin Donuts. I can see it from my back window. 

I think we've gotten IC twice. I can't count how many times I've gotten coffee & donuts!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG

There are two Baskin Robbins shops in my city.  I don't remember ever seeing it in the grocery store.  My favorite flavor was always grapefruit ice which has unfortunately been discontinued last I checked.  

Valued Contributor

You guys are killin’ me❣️🍨🍦🎂😋

Honored Contributor

Within a half a mile from our house, we have a Baskin Robbins and a Brusters Ice Cream.

Plus a Rita's Water Ice and a Soft Ice Cream stand.

Respected Contributor

We don't have them in our grocery stores, but there are some stand alone shops in our area.  The closest one is about 4 mi. away.  Part of me is glad they are not down the street from me.

Respected Contributor

Yes, the grocery store I shop at does carry BR ice cream and there is a BR store about a mile from my house.  Years ago I worked for a man who owned a BR store with his wife and he would bring in ice cream cakes for special occasions. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Baskin Robbins was the very first job I had at 15 or 16?(we had work permits back then you applied for at 15)

And I know you will think so awful of me but I hate to tell you, that in the winter, the older couple who owned the store let me handle it by myself.

And of course there were not too many customers in the winter so I did my homework, sang, danced and once I tasted the Pralines and Cream, well I could not stop. It was the pralines!

A man came in and ordered the ...Pralines and Cream and yes, he said "What happened to all the pralines?! hahaha!😋

Oh my goodness.

I also took one of those little plastic spoons and tasted every 31 flavors in a row.😌😚

I used to make milkshakes and sundaes and was so hungry around 4-5 I would eat/drink both!

Got home and my mother made dinner and wondered why I wasn't too hungry.

The woman taught me how to make the cakes which I thought was hard to do and make them look just right.

But wait!! Did someone say coffee and donuts?! Wow! I have not tasted that!

My favorites were pistacio nut, nutty coconut, and baseball nut, and rocky road. No one does it quite like Baskin Robbins in those flavors.

edited to add-

In the summer it was really an arm workout but it was a great first job and the older couple was so good to me.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"