Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Have A Wine Pump?

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45   I bought the Corvain last year.  I think I got it from Macy's.  Came with 3 or 4 little *canisters*. 

Because I tried doing it all by myself, somehow I went thru all three canisters in one night.  IIRC, I went thru 2 for just one 4 oz glass of wine. 

Don't ask me how I screwed it up.

I was *almost* too afraid to drink the glass of wine.  (lol)  Was fearful that it would be like helium or something and I would talk like a munchin.  Didn't happen....

I never bothered to buy more canisters and don't even know where this *thing* is, tbh.

I've also bought some stupid little wine *keepers* from the Q, which was a waste of money.  You use it in lieu of the cork and then it comes with a pour spout to aerate (never typed that word before!).  ETA:  It's called the rabbit aerate and preserve wine set.  Just checked my gift closet...<<snort>>Nah, the cork replacement didn't seem to seal the bottle any better that the cork.  Don't know if it was supposed to s*ck the air out or not....wasted money and I bought 4 to give as gifts.  (yeah, fell for that one....)

I only have a small glass of wine a night and don't share.  I prefer organic, vegan wine.  I keep other wines here for family, friends and company.  Everybody's happy.

Slightly off topic, but I bought a couple of bottles of this wine I've never tried called Our Daily Red on Monday.

I fought with the *wrapper* trying to get to the cork for about 15 mins.  It wasn't the typical gold metallic wrapper, but blue plastic.  Little did I know, there was no cork, it was a twist off.   !!!  Never saw that before.

Not wild about the wine, but I won't let it go to waste.