Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Have A Real Bakery Near You?

@house_cat Do you have anything like the Fresh Market?  They're the top quality luxury grocery store.  

Respected Contributor

Yes and I was just there this morning.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@house_cat Do you have anything like the Fresh Market?  They're the top quality luxury grocery store.  

We have pretty much every high-end grocery store possible, but they still are not like the mom/pop bakeries back east.  My friend still goes to my favorite bakery in NY and sends me a photo every time, just because she knows how much I miss it.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat This is Fresh Market  I get our Christmas dessert here.

Image result for fresh market bakery case

Honored Contributor

No, wish we did.

Have never had the pleasure of living near one.

Probably a good thing!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

So, bakeries are an East Coast thing?  Is that what I am hearing?  Even in struggling neighborhoods here, there are bakeries in every part of town.  Of course most decent sized grocery stores have bakeries.  Not as good as the independant bakeries but good.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

So, bakeries are an East Coast thing?  Is that what I am hearing?  Even in struggling neighborhoods here, there are bakeries in every part of town.  Of course most decent sized grocery stores have bakeries.  Not as good as the independant bakeries but good.  

@chrystaltree I don't know if bakeries are an eastern coast think.  That's interesting.  You'd think they would be all over.

We have a handful of small businesses here like "Pies" they serve inside and have a case, but I think they came here.  We have a healthy bakery.  I tried it before Christmas.  It tasted like saw dust.  I never went back.

Honored Contributor

yes, independent bakeries are becoming a "thing" again thank goodness!

we have several bakeries within a few miles of our home.....some have a little bit of everything, some have more specialty items......all of them are tempting and good.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

THE FRESH MARKET is one of my favorite places to buy groceries. YES, they do have an excellent bakery.....love their pies, their shortbread cookies, bar cakes, fresh breads, and more!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@ECBG 

THE FRESH MARKET is one of my favorite places to buy groceries. YES, they do have an excellent bakery.....love their pies, their shortbread cookies, bar cakes, fresh breads, and more!

@sunshine45 This is what I get for Christmas! The Tuxedo Torte!

Image result for french market tuxedo torte@house_cat You would LOVE this!Smiley Happy