Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Have A Pot/Pan That Is As Old As Your Marriage???

Yes...i still have my Farberware Stainless Pot set and i STILL love those pots!!!  Also a couple of Revere ones.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That Betty Crocker cookbook as sure made the rounds.  The stains I have on mine from the mixer ect... over the decades is all part of the charm and memories.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

My in-laws gave us a large set of Corningware casserole dishes in the blue flower pattern and we still use them today.  They have held up well.  We're married 50 years.  Still using the same dining room furniture (Lane) that was our first purchase and the American of Martinsville pecan bedroom set my parents gave us back then.

Quality lasts.

Respected Contributor

@hick I received a Mother's ring. Pans don't just belong to me.They cook for evry one 

Esteemed Contributor

If my dad was still living, my parents would be celebrating their 65th wedding anniversary in a couple of months.  It's not a pot/pan but I have a glass relish dish they received as a wedding (or shower) gift and I still use it once or twice a year.  Funny thing is that I purchased one exactly like it about 30 years ago at a K-Mart type store (that is no longer in business) and as soon as my mom saw it, she got hers down from a kitchen cabinet and gave it to me.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Regular Contributor

I have several cast iron skillets inherited from family. Married 56 years and still have the 2 glass mixing bowls that came with a wedding gift mixer. We moved and lived all over the country and those bowls have been used consistently. The mixer, however, is long gone.

Respected Contributor

I'm not married, but my mom has some tools and appliances that she got as wedding gifts over 51 years ago. She had a rice cooker that lasted over 40 of those years.

Valued Contributor

No, but I do have a beautiful white casserole dish with lid.  It was purchased by a friend of my MIL's and was bought at a very expensive shop on the beach.  I can't believe in 28 there hasn't been a acccident with it.

Respected Contributor

We have some Mirro aluminum baking pans from the earliest years. I still love them and use them. The Mirro company went out of business, I believe. 

I like aluminum for baking. I've added Nordic and Wilton aluminum sheets and cake pans over the years. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

They're not pots or pans, but do Corningware, blue willow pattern,  1 1/2 and 2 qt. serving pieces count?  Ya can't kill those things.  I still have shower gifts from 48 (yikes) years ago that are still in perfect condition, beautiful and still used.

ETA -- and I still remember who gave me those gifts.